six

(lets pretend i know how this stuff works. im using my knowledge from a few kdramas, and uhhh guessing!! #research)

"i'm gonna be late for the interview.." matthew quickly slipped his shoes on and grabbed his keys and his bag, shutting the door. while he walked out, he fixed the collar of his shirt. 

"y'know if –hopefully when– i get the job, i gotta wear the formal office wear, don't i. i'll do that later, i need to worry about this first," he sighs.

he walks to the building, it was only a 10 minute walk. easy.

he takes the elevator that was in there, and looked for the right office. 
matthew was sort of nervous, he hoped that he was going the right direction.

he found the right room and knocked on the door, then came in.

"um.. hello, im here for the interview? seok matthew," he bowed. he lifted up his head, his eyes were wide and mouth agape. matthew stared.

"a-ah! its you again!" the white haired male’s hand covered his mouth.

jiwoong laughs a bit.

"oh damn its fate then," the older male smirked. "come in though, sit down."

"i dont know how to take this seriously when you called me cutie. we really would meet again." 

matthew.. how would he do this? he's kind of struggling, how's he gonna say the stuff seriously.

"pfft- right. thats true," jiwoong chuckles. "just keep that interaction in the back of your head."

"alright lets start, why do you want to join this position in this specific company," he asked.

matthew sat up straighter, trying to appear confident in his answers, but still, he couldn't help himself fidgeting with his fingers a bit.

"first, i was intrigued by the work's employee environment. lively, educational, and it will give many lessons. i believe i do have the strengths on what it takes to be in this position of ceo's personal assistant. i think i could be very beneficial to the executive, i will be able to organize and schedule the executive's plans for the day, take phone calls and attend meetings, notify..you with the latest information on things, and contribute –hopefully– useful information and suggestions. i have great communication skills, strategic planning skills, organization, im good with time too."

jiwoong nods taking in the information. he looked at matthew’s profile paper, thinking. 

he skimmed through the paper again. "oh! wait, arent you also canadian”

"yes, but im ethnically korean, and i was raised in canada. i probably know more english than korean." matthew couldnt help but wonder, is he asking this because foreigners are less wanted in work? or am i just thinking too much and he’s just genuinely curious.

“aH! okay makes sense now. it’d be useful knowing multiple languages, you could communicate with international companies and make more connections internationally.” jiwoong nods again. “french, english, and korean. trilingual, that’s useful,” he thought.

“yes. trilingual, i needed my friend to help with some grammar to make it formal and i memorized the key points, thanks though!" matthew smiled. more like he memorized that whole thing, he never uses those..fancy words (to sound smart and shi) and besides, he grew up in canada and neve used advanced deeper language words in his daily life, how would he know this. thank god he had hanbin.

“i see i see.” he took point of that. “you work hard, i could tell. do you learn quickly? adapt?"

"i can, yes. i try to really set the information in and follow the directions through."

— time skip, asks more questions, answers well, questions about hypothetical “what would you do ifs,” what matthew’s views are, et cetera. also things on personal interests and opinions.

"what should i do if i dont get hired… a different job?" matthew was sitting there in thought, waiting for jiwoong's response

jiwoong pauses, in thought for a couple seconds before he answers, “hired.”

matthew had considered what to do next if he wasnt accepted because yes, he doesn’t have any experience at all in this work field, plus he doesn't have any degrees, and it was only the convenience store job that didn’t do him any good. maybe he could ask hanbin for more advice, or hao since he's super successful. ah wait.
he was very nervous and worried he wouldn’t get accepted because of that.

he froze, trying to process what he said as he stumbled over jiwoong’s words. his new boss. he got accepted. what? wasn't that too fast? 

“ne?” (excuse me?)

“pfft- you’re hired. when would you want to start? to prepare.”

“oh.. i wasnt expecting that. i thought i’d get rejected. uh.. i'm just really surprised sorry.” 

he should've known when his job application already got looked over and accepted for the next step even though the job application looked pretty unlikely to get accepted. that was already lucky enough. maybe luck was on matthew's side for once!

“no no i understand." jiwoong said comfortably. 

“right now's monday… maybe wednesday?”

“sure. well, i hope we get along since you’ll be my assistant now. you’ll need to understand my professional and personal life.”

"so you *are* the ceo.. thats a really big deal, how come you were the one that interviewed me? since usually its the hiring managers, if i may ask." the male just wanted to make sure.

“i figured i’ll just do it myself. i dont know if this is allowed but too bad it already happened."

"i have a job now… that pays once a week… and the pays like 35 an hour and i’d work 10 hours a day, no work on weekends except for checking on emails. 91k salary yearly. that’s great, comfortable even.” it really just hit matthew. “my actual real job, highest paying yet. okay. this is gonna difficult, i need to be useful. i shouldnt even be allowed this because i dont have experience. i cant slack off. i cant afford to lose this job.”

“heres my number and email. im sure you know the email already since you sent the email to this one.. im not sure how you got that,” he chuckled and handed matthew his information card.

“oh thats the work email and number, heres my personal number.”

“personal?”

“i mean, to help me schedule and stuff you’ll need to understand my personal life and such to do tasks. also so we can understand each other better. or i could enter them in right now?”

“yeah that’ll be easier, like what if i lose the card?”

jiwoong smiles a bit from that response as he enters in his number. well, numbers since its the work number and personal one.

“thank you… sajangnim. i look forward to working with you, coming in on wednesday,” matthew bowed briefly.

“you can call me jiwoong hyung if you’d like, you dont have to be so formal all the time, we’d be working close.”

“no. it feels wrong, given that i just met you and you’re a very high in the work class, an important figure. like i dont feel justified enough, and i dont deserve it yet, plus you’re my boss,” matthew jutted his lip slightly pouting, dissatisfied.

“that was a test in respect~ you pass.”

“what.. i thought we were done.”

“i know, i was just playing with you,” jiwoong chuckles. “i look forward to your assistance and working together.”

“yep.” matthew smiled and nodded. going back to exit the office.

“holy fuck. the way that he was the same person from before caught me so off guard. he seems like an easy person to be with. i think working together would be easy.”

he was cheery for the rest of the day, super excited for the future. 

till he remembered, he also needed to research since he has zero experience.  and, buy the office attire. “man…”