twelve

(🥺guys i got inspo lets go!! my writer brain cogs are TURNINGGG this chapter will be so fun, its a halloween special chapter but its still tied to the plot storyline, just like haos bday chapter-ish, but this ones more important cus its actually needed for this development! 5500 words.. i got a little carried away.. sorry for the spooky chapter being late!!! ive been busy~)

matthew wakes up to a notification from his email, it was hanbin! what could he possibly want… matthew glanced at the time and the date. "FUCK ITS TUESDAY what happened to my alarm" he hurriedly jumped out of bed, throwing his blanket off and quickly folding it before rushing to get ready for the work day. 

"I'll check the email later," he groaned. it may be halloween, but he still had work. the company building has been getting a little more festive decoratively, he'd say. 

after doing his routine, matthew sits down to eat some yogurt with granola. it was the closest and fastest thing he could make at that time, spending his time sparingly to make sure he gets to work as fast as possible. he uses this time to check that email that was sent by hanbin. 

but heres something matthew didn't get. why would hanbin send an email to matthew is what he wonders. they're best friends for fucks sake, send a text message or something! no need to send it with a professional email structure. well this is rare, hanbin even sent it with his business email. business email account sent to matthew's business email account. odd.

(hao's company is called linhao view since hanbin is his assistant)

HALLOWEEN INVITATION
sender: hb_sung@linhaoview.com
to: seoktthew@jwco.com 

good morning,

dearest seok matthew! you are invited to a halloween celebration party, exclusively held for the closest of my friends. please be sure to wear a costume that is appropriate and fun!!
the event is today, october 31 at 6:30pm to 11:30pm, held at my place. (right after work for everyone's convenience!) happy halloween and have a great day :]

warmly,
sung hanbin

-

re: HALLOWEEN INVITATION
reply to sender: hb_sung@linhaoview.com
sent from: seoktthew@jwco.com

hello hanbin!!

i'll gladly come 'cause we planned it, but what is up with the business email?? i wont be responding after this since im about to be late for work. i'm sure you're already AT work since you practically live with hao hyung,l and breathe hao every second.

thank you,
matthew !!!!

-
re: HALLOWEEN INVITATION
reply to sender: seoktthew@jwco.com
sent from: hb_sung@linhaoview.com

OH.

okay great, ermm i forgot to log out of my work email account 😔
well, i already sent an email to everyone, whatever nobody cares…
matthew what is that supposed to mean 😞
and i sent it to ur work email bc im sure you mainly check that one more often. (i sent these emails to the others' work emails too for that same reason, arent i so smart ;))

ill let that slide anyways bye bye,
hanbin

-
he closed out of the emails and placed his phone in his bag, putting his bowl into the sink for the future seok matthew to wash later. it may seem like hanbin just sent the invite but they've actually been discussing this for a week in their group chat, (‘cause they’re friends, duh.) he did need some time to choose a costume. he landed on his favorite character from a favorite studio ghibli film, howl from howl's moving castle. he loves it so much he even got a tattoo of it- the initials h.m.c on his arm.