seventeen

(say the name??!! sorry wrong fic and fandom for that, but anyways, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JIWOONGGGGG [jiwoon hyung as matthew would say, please enjoy this chapter :3 gyuricky will be back in the next one i think])

(WAIT ANOTHER EXPLANATION: i think it’s about time for me to explain what “hyung” is, and feel free to skip if you don’t need this extra explanation bc if you're part of the fandom and youre reading this, im sure you know. BUT, i know, my friends are reading this and a certain few dont know what that is because they aren't a kpoppie.. 

hyung is a term you’d say if you’re a younger brother or younger male referring to an older brother or an older male, out of respect, like if you’re a girl referring to an older male/brother you’d say oppa but it’s common between like friends and siblings and its informal. OKAY CONTINUE just wanted to provide insighttt)
~~~

matthew sharply inhaled, vibrating with excitement. why is he so excited when it isn’t even his own birthday you ask? well to be honest, not even matthew knows the reason. matthew was lying on his bed, kicking his feet as his attention was occupied, stuck on the clock as his hands were occupied with his phone. his screen was lit and stuck on the screen of his messages with jiwooong. at this point, maybe his jiwoong

it’s… his boyfriend’s birthday. the previous days have been tough on matthew, trying to decide on a present for him. after much, much sincere thought, he settled on a scarf. yes, it might seem a very small gift but hold on, it has been getting cold lately, and matthew put lots of thought into it, finding it useful and thought it’d look cute on jiwoong. also he got a little keychain of a black cat with a butterflyy for him, matthew got one too but of a fox. they were from the same artist, but different designs. and! hold on, he wasn’t done on just a scarf and keychain, that’s boring as hell, so he decided on a pass ticket thing. a pass to do whatever jiwoong wants him to do for a day, under reasonable circumstances and as long as matthew’s fine with it, plus he could use it at anytime. that’s useful enough right? yes, he knows that haobin got each other rings for birthday gifts but, well, they have money privilege and matthew did not know what the rich ceo jiwoong could possibly want when he has everything available to him. matthew’d be giving those the next morning to jiwoong at work but for now, it’s currently 11:58pm and matthew is excited. 

the last two minutes passed and matthew flew to his phone, happily typing up the message. 

mattyu: hi hyung!! happy birthday :)) am i the first to say happy birthday? i hope i am. anyways, i hope you know i love you (very much) and i hope you live a long healthy safe life :D💗
you really caught my attention, how after i got to know you better (well no, you caught my attention on our first meet too, u were so nice and uh very visually appealing), i found you funny and you’re very thoughtful and understanding. you’ve helped me a lot and i do hope i’ve been of help to you as an assistant. you’re my best (technically only) boss and…. bf AND im very lucky to have you with me ^^ 
jiwoong hyung goodnight gifts will be tomorrow!! 

mattyu: you didn’t want any party right? if i remembered right, u dont like parties

matthew yelped getting shocked from the sudden noise. he quickly picked up the phone, finding that jiwoong was the sudden surprise caller.

“hello? mattchu, thank you for all of that,” jiwoong smiled behind the screen but matthew could hear the smile from the way he spoke. “i really appreciate it all, and yeah you were the first. probably the first from all those other fans online too… but you’re my most meaningful treasured one, so the others don’t really count do they?”

“hi jiwoon hyung, happy birthday! no you have a point.. but y’know i was questioning whether to call you or not to say it all or just text it,, and i decided to just text it because i was scared i’d wake you up from sleep and i didn’t feel like bothering you on that. i didn’t know you were still awake!”