3. A Burning Settlement...

Location: Coda Village
Date: February 22nd, 2023
Time: ???

In their efforts to gather more information about the locals, Jerome discussed opening trade with them to establish friendly relations.  Jerome offered medical supplies and treatment for food, as the Spirit of Fire was low on rations since they  can't request a re-supply of rations from the UNSC.  Which is mainly because they can't contact the UNSC for help.  The 3rd Recon team on the other hand, Itami proposed the idea of providing protection of the village for a map that can help for navigation to the village chief himself.  The village chief was delighted by this idea, considering he had heard of how powerful the otherworlders were, and agreed to give items of value. Such as old swords, magic stones, scrolls, and a map.  It was only a matter of time before Itami and his team had to leave, so the team left Coda Village to head back to Alnus Hill.  Jerome and the rest of his units stayed behind to commence the trade, Jerome requested mastodons from Captain Cutter with the idea of using them to carry and deliver the food supplies.  It took a substantial amount of time, but it was successful and the mastodons were sent back to the base.  Along with handing over the medical supplies as part of their deal with Coda Village.

Location: Coda Village Outskirts
Date: February 22nd, 2559
Time: ???

Itami rested his arm outside of the car door with the windows rolled off, admiring the scenery.

"Man it's nice out here. Just like how I hoped it to be." Itami remarked.

"Oh come on lieutenant, we got beautiful scenery like this back at home." Said Kurata.

"Well for me, I thought I would see dragons and maybe a few fairies flying around." Said Itami.

"Oh come on, and you think a giant 7-foot tall super soldier from the future didn't interest you?" Said Kurata.

"I mean yeah, but I'm just more interested for real life magical girls and stuff like that. Also, shouldn't we should definitely report the existence of actual people from the future to the general." Said Itami.

"Most definitely, but it's not like we know where they went." Said Kurata.

"Yeah you're right about that." Said Itami sheepishly.

"The next time we see them, we should get them to our base." Said Kurata.

"Sounds good to me." Said Itami.

"Also I understand what you mean by being less interested for those futuristic folks, it would've been better if we met anime-like girls who can do magic or whatever.  Which I'm a little disappointed that we didn't see them." Said Kurata.

"Oh yeah, if I recall you had a thing for catgirls." Said Itami.

"Mhm, and also hot witches too.  I can definitely go for one of those.  Also what about you?  Got a preference?" Said Kurata.

"Well uhh, I think magical girls are cool.  And I'm pretty sure I told you about that just a few seconds." Said Itami.

"Oh right." Said Kurata realizing his mistake.

"I like to mention the fact that I specifically liked Emu the magical girl!" Itami said proudly.

"Dude!  Emu of all people?  Your standards are low..." Kurata said with a disappointed expression.

"Hey man, don't diss my waifu like that." Itami responded.

"Easy man, it's alright. I can sing her full theme song by the way." Said Kurata.

"Really?" Asked Itami with an excited expression.

The two men decided to sing the magical girl's theme song over the radio. Kuribayashi was annoyed by hearing them sing over the radio.