2. Rain of Fire

The vassal kings were prepping a strategy to take back Valus Hill.  It was useless however, their weapons aren't enough to kill a single marine or any other unit.  The overconfidence of the vassal kings will be their downfall.

"Are your troops ready, Duran?" Said King Mal.

"Of course Mal, my troops are ready to crush those otherworlders!" Said King Duran.

The imperial soldiers lined up with shields marching up the hill with confidence.  However, their confidence didn't last long until a artillery shell killed a chunk of their comrades.  Once again, they start to drop like flies.  They all felt the wrath of the kodiaks and siege turrets.  The skies were filled with artillery shells descending to the ground obliterating anyone who is unlucky enough to be hit by its explosions.

"No... No... why does this have to happen to me.  Why must I be met by this rain of fire, I just want to live.  May the gods have mercy!" Said an Imperial Soldier with fearful tone.

"Snap out of it! Keep moving, the reward shall be great if we make it through!" Said another Imperial Soldier brimming with overconfidence.

-POV Change to Douglas-

Douglas can be seen firing off shots from his rocket launchers killing off dozens of soldiers, along with other marines who were armed with rocket launchers.

"Grenades out!" Said a Marine.

The grenade was set off instantly killing imperial soldiers who were in its initial explosion, remaining shrapnel from the explosion injured a few imperial soldiers by fragments of sharp metal from armor puncturing their skin.  The battle came to a screeching halt as thousands of soldiers perished in battle after 30 consecutive minutes from the constant grenades, bullets, artillery shells, and ect.  There were several survivors, but sustained injuries from the battle barely surviving.

"It's over sir." Said Douglas.

"Excellent work, get the others to have rest.  They'll need it.  I'm sending more supplies to build new structures." Said Captain Cutter.

"Understood, I'll go tell the others." Said Douglas.

Location: Alnus Hill
Date: February 22nd, 2023
Time: ???

"So... what do you need from me?" Said Itami sheepishly.

"I need you and your team to investigate the culture, religions, and relevant industries of this world.  Start off by going to undisputed area filled with inhabitants.  Establish a relationship or something, we just gotta be friendly with them. Oh, and also, retrieve anything that's worth of value. Like a map about this place or whatever." Said General Hazama.

"Of course... hooray.  I'll do it." Said Itami with a bored expression.

"Get that attitude out of this room and do your mission.  I gave you the orders." Said General Hazama who was irritated.

"Yes sir..." Said Itami.

Itami walked outside of the building and re-grouped with his team.

"Hey guys, I'm lieutenant Itami.  Let's keep at it or whatever.  We have a mission to do from the General." Said Itami.

-In her head- "Is this really the lieutenant they gave us?  Wow, that's lame." Said Kuribayashi.

"Round up!" Said a Sergeant.

The entirety of the 3rd recon surveillance team gotten inside of the mega cruisers and driven off.