8. Wake and Banish

Location: Highways of China
Date: February 24th, 2023
Time: 9:55PM

"That special region... I wonder why the Gate only appeared in Japan.  There's also rumors of a second gate leading to another world.  I've heard that the second gate's world has aliens and a powerful futuristic army." Said Dong Dechou.

"A place like that would benefit more for our administration, same with that technology those otherworlders have.  China needs it more to grow and expand." Said Dong Dechou in jealously.

"Yes, my thoughts exactly sir.  We cannot let the Japanese have control of it and gain an advantage over the other countries." Said a bodyguard.

"We'll watch for now, and maintain diplomatic dives.  But we should be ready to go.  I want to commit half our forces to the special region and get the technology of the people from the second gate if the opportunity to present itself." Said Dong Dechou.

Location: National Diet Building, Japan
Date: February 24th, 2023
Time: 10:10PM

"We need to know exactly how many people died in the battles in the special region."

"Looks like it includes civilians."

"Prime minister, is it true that there's aliens from another gate?"

"Prime minister, about the report civilians being part of the casualties of the special region."

"Prime minister, it seems that the JSDF must be controlled."

"Prime minister, would there be a way to meet the people of the other gate?"

"The problem they face is unique, it was a monster.  They had to improvise, they had no room for this, there's no rule book for this.  To my knowledge, we didn't cause any casualties." Said the Prime Minister.

"Why did the parliamentary vice minister fail to mention that?"

"He was answering a specific question, he was addressing the issue of battlefield casualties." Answered the Prime Minister.

"Once again, can we actually get a chance to meet the aliens from the other gate?"

"I can't say, it's really up to them." Answered the Prime Minister.

Location: Banished Camp
Date: February 24th, 2559
Time: 2211 (Military Time)

Across the chasm on the Ark, Banished operations are held at a camp.  Brutes were chattering with other brutes, some were talking to other species such as elites and grunts.  A hum was fast approaching the camp in the distance, it alerted the brutes guarding the camp.  However, they were relieved when they realized it was one of their own.  Two large brutes exited the hovering vehicle.  One wielded a large gravity hammer on his back, and the other who has a large bore projectile weapon on his right hand.

"We've done it brother!  We driven the flood back to where they came from!" Voridus said proudly.

"For now Voridus, we need to stay vigilant for the next move of the flood." Pavium responded to him wearily.

"Ha!  You look tired brother, you need to learn how to celebrate to make yourself feel better." Voridus responded back.

-Sighs- "Voridus, you know well we can't do that.  We have to report to Atriox for our orders.  One of my men informed me of Atriox needing us at the camp for our next mission." Pavium informed  Voridus.

The two brothers made it to the war council.  The doors opened upon their presence.  Atriox was standing in the corner of the room, staring at the two brothers.  Ignoring this, the two brothers walked in and sat down.