Chapter 19 (The Incident)

Jakarta, Indonesia

Jakarta is the home of 10 million people, the most populous city in Indonesia, and the second largest metropolis in the world. Although it probably comes as no surprise, Jakarta is the largest city in the entire area of Indonesia.

Meanwhile, in a high-end restaurant called "Namaaz Dining," one of the most popular restaurants for both tourists and locals alike.

Among the dinners, there is one individual with speciality in the field of work.

A woman sitting alone, wearing a pair of glasses and a pink crimson with a leather coat hanging at the other chair. She is at the age of 60s, her field of work is botany who studied different kinds of plants for over 20 years who seemed to be enjoying her lunch.

Until all of sudden.

(If you see a bracket, it indicates the character were talking to their native tongue/language. I'm going to use this method since Google Translate wasn't accurate in some way.)

"[Hey, what is the military doing here?]"

"[I don't know. They seem to be searching for someone.]"

The woman in red heard the murmurs of her fellow patrons. Curious, she looked towards the entrance to see two military personnel. One seems to be wearing a grey-colored cap, a grey shirt adorned by decorations of some kind and dark green pants, while the other were wearing an camouflage uniform and the accessory on his head is a grey beret while carrying a 9mm submachine gun.

Noticing that the soldiers were currently talking to the manager of the restaurant, the manager then pointed his index finger in her direction. The two uniformed personnels looked over to her table before making their way towards her.

One of the personnel with a 4 star asked her, "[Are you Dr. Melati?]"

The woman nodded slowly while settling her fork down to her plate with confusion enveloped her face.

"[Yes, I am Melati. What is this all about?]" She asked with doubt.

Both military officials looked to each other and back to her.

The grey cap officer answered, "[Please come with us, there is much further to discuss.]" The officer paused then looked to their surroundings, seeing most of the occupants had their attention to their sights, "[In private.]" He added.

Seeing that, Dr. Melati had gathered much attention from her other patrons. She stood up and grabbed her purse and the coat before the military officials guided her out of the restaurant towards the awaiting caravan that was being escorted by several black SUVs, both police Cruisers and motorcycles.

The escort opened the door for Melati, and she thanked the man holding the door out for her. Upon entering the sedan in the middle of the convoy. Dr. Melati settled herself in the back-passenger seat and put her seat belt on. The officer and the escort soon followed, and the officer took the shotgun/front- passenger seat while the escort took a seat beside her.

With that, the officer grabbed the radio and signals the entire convoy to move, "[To all elements. Move out!]" He ordered before the vehicles jerked forward, now on the way to their destination.

A few minutes passed, and Dr. Melati was getting uncomfortable since she had no idea why she was being taken by the authorities. Melati decided to ask, "[Um, excuse me, sir?]" She asked the officer at the front seat, which the man hummed in response, acknowledging her presence.

"[Have I committed a crime?]" Dr. Melati asked.

The officer looked at her before responding, "[No, you have not committed any crimes, Doctor.]"