The 501st Put There Foot Down

The sun rose on the planet of New Plympto, while in the deep back of the Haijial Chase Forest near the big tree, Shuttles were being fueled up to depart. Looking over the project was Dass, Doom, Bomo, Ninsa, Rootrock, and R5. Rootrock nodded, "Good. The ships are almost ready to depart." Just then, the comlink on his left arm started beeping, so he answered, "Report, Commander, Limbfree."

A Nosaurains voice was heard frantically yelling, with laser blasts going off in the background, "Sir, they're pushing back over the hill! They'll take it soon and be able to attack our last stronghold in the trenches at Half-Axe Pass before heading to the Shuttles."

As the group looked concerned, Doom began to say, "I can't believe Muk has the forces to do this so fast."

Limbfree shouted, "It's not Muk's Legion, it's a different one that's cutting us to pieces. They're wearing blue trimmed arm-." Several shots were heard, as the Nosaurian screamed in agony and then static filled the com.

As the group looked on, Dass stated with gravity, "Blue armor can only mean one thing."

He and Doom shouted together, "The 501st!"

Ninsa asked, "Who are the 501st?"

Doom answered, "One of the best and most skilled Clone Legion there is. They have seen and won many battles."

Bomo sarcastically said, "Well, aren't we special if the Empire sent its best for us."

Rootock began to stroke his chin and say, "If they're that good, we might not be able to hold them for long."

Dass looked down, hopefully at R5, "R5, how much longer until all the Shuttles are ready to go?" The Droid beeped rapidly, causing the Jedi to stroke his chin, "Only a few minutes." Pointing to the Droid, "Go help IM-6 with the evac."

The Droid beeped and rolled away. Rootrock rallied his men, "Prepare for battle men!"

As the Nosaurian soldiers prepared for battle, Mesa and Resa approached Bomo, both of them with worry filling their eyes. Mesa began to say, "Dear, I know you're stubborn, but please escape with us."

Bomo approached and hugged her, before slowly and lovely replying, "You know I can't do that, honey. As much as I want to, I have to stay and help our people fight so you all can escape." He kissed her, "Mesa, my love, take good care of our Resa."

Resa then jumped in, clinging to her father's legs and crying out, "Please, Papa! Come with us!"

He bent down to hug his daughter and rubbed her back compassionately, "Resa, I can't, but you and your mother are always with me." Letting go of the hug, he stared at his daughter, who was whipping tears from her eyes, while he pulled out a small hologram projector from his pocket. Activating the projector in the palm of his hand, it displayed a holo picture of the three Nosaurians, with Resa in front smiling, and the two Nosaurian parents behind her, arms wrapped around each and joy permitting their faces. Resa gave a small smile, as her father patted her head, "Now you two start getting on those ships and get to safety."

The two nodded and headed back towards the fueling up Shuttles. Bomo then joined up with the other Nosaurians, as well as Dass and Doom. Rootrocked rallied them all, raising his blaster and Vibro Knife into the air, "It's time to show the Empire that if they want our planet they'll have to take it over our dead bodies!"

The troops cheered, as the group headed out, with the Jedi Knight, Clone Commander, and Nosaurian leadership at the front. Doom began to say, "If we're lucky, the 501st will be led by Captain Rex or Commander Appo. They're both pretty good friends so we might be able to convince them to resist the chips in some way to help us out, like what happened with Muk last time."