A Breakaway on Bracca

It may have only been three years since the Empire had risen to power, but its influence was spreading far. Even on far worlds, such as Bracca, the scrapyard planet. The workers of the Scrapper Guild were hard at work dismantling Venator Cruisers so the materials could be used to manufacture more deadly weapons for the Empire. On one such Cruiser that was being cut to pieces, in the rain, a young Human Male with ginger-colored hair, a Guild uniform, and a poncho, was slicing into some walls, while listening to music on his headphones. Soon enough, a Male Abednedo came up behind him and tapped him on his shoulder. Taking his headphones off and getting up, the Human turned to the Abednedo and asked, "Yeah, Prauf?"

Prauf explained, "Sorry, Cal. I don't want to upset your rhythm, but the boss wants a word."

The two walked over to the Foreman Droid running the place, which stated, "An error has been detected on line Ten-A. Hauler Clamps are jammed. I need two workers to climb up and support the cables." He pointed up at the shafts as he finished.

Cal's face was unsure, as he explained, "That's not an easy maneuver."

The Droid added, "The Guild will double your pay for this shift."

Prauf smiled, "Come on, Cal. A little extra score, that couldn't hurt. Huh?"

Turning to his friend, Cal thought for a moment before shaking his head, "Alright."

The two headed out after this. First, walking up the ramp to a small wall, before jumping up to grab the edge and pull themselves up to the next level. They walked down the way a bit, before needing to jump over a small edge to the next wall area. Turning right after that, they walked up a large ramp to the top of the open building to see more ships being dropped off by Imperial Tie Fighters, including a Seperatist Lucrehulk Supply Ship.

Prauf took note with joy, "Would you look at that - a Separatist ship. Haven't seen a Lucrehulk in ages."

Slowly, Cal added, "Um, yeah. Ages."

Extending out his hands Prauf exclaimed, "Breaking her will be big money." He turned his head to the right and nodded that way, "Alright, let's go."

The two turned to the right and went to the end of a wall with a rope connected to the top. They began to climb, with Prauf going first. After he made it to the top of the structure, he held out his hand to grab Cal's and pull him the last bit of the way up. They turned to see a Venator right next to the structure and jumped over to the top of the once-great Republic ship. As they walked around, they found the Hauler Clamps on the side and went over to their controls. After some button pressing, the device were reset and reclamped onto the sides of the ship. Prauf smiled, "Great. We're done." He then turned and noticed something, "Hey, come look at this." Prauf walked ahead, with Cal following. They soon came face to face with an old rusting Jedi Star Fighter. Once again, Prauf was elated, "It's a Jedi Fighter. What a score! It's a real scraper's payday. I mean this heap's been here, what, two years?"

Cal solemnly stated, "Three."

Walking over, Prauf bent down to examine it, "Whoever flew this went down in a blaze of glory. Those Jedi . . . a real tragedy. I've always said they couldn't all be traitors."

As Cal looked at the dirt-covered Jedi insignia on the ship with some sadness, added, "Yeah. Maybe."

"Well, I guess it's just our lucky day." Prauf got up and started walking back over to Cal, "Empire's gonna get a lot of good material out of it. Yep. Here we are scrapping these ships from the war just so they can turn around and make new ones to keep fighting. What a racket, huh? All of us risking our necks for the bosses." He pointed to Cal, "And the pay was better back during the Republic too."