Chapter 35: A New Beginning

POV ALESSANDRA

Many say love is a strong affection for a person, there are many forms of love. There are motherly love, friendship love, siblings love and there was a love that I have for Petrov. But being in love has multiple reasons filled with hardship, I made a beautiful mistake of taking my sisters position and becoming the fake wife of Petrov Nikolaev. But if I could rewind time, I would do it all over again.

Is it not fascinating, how the term love can make an individual feel a whole load of emotions. It is love, that can make someone feel over the moon, a person can make you feel like you are there whole entire world and accept you for better or for worse. Make you realise the worth the four letter word holds 'love'. One person can never feel as if they are wasting their time with that specific individual, because love may be hard but it is not fruitless.

Franz Kafka once said, 'everything that you love, you will eventually lose, but in the end, love will return in a different form.' It was a quote I closely resonate with, yes falling in love with my sisters husband caused me immense pain and eventually I felt myself slip away from my reality but in the end love has the ability to concur everything, and just like that no matter the hardship we dealt with I still have him beside me...and I still love him deeply and unconditionally.

I had once read that when love comes, it's not always about how you feel about that person; it's about how that person makes you feel about yourself. Before I met Petrov, I was invisible...I had no identity in the real world pushed back in the shadows but when he came in my life I suddenly felt alive, like I did not belong in the shadows but instead beside him each step of the way.

"How long?" I asked, for what seemed to be the hundredth time. Sitting on the vanity chair, my back turned to the mirror whilst Paige did my make up. A few days had passed since Petrov and I had become intimate in the car, where the windows had heated up and was the sole evidence of our doings.

We have been taking it slow, and today was going to be our first date but not as husband and wife but just two individuals who are madly in love with each other. "Nearly done, just sit still." I sighed, slumping my shoulders down in defeat. It felt I had been sitting on this chair for over an hour, when in reality it probably had only been just forty-five minutes.

My eyes shifted from Paige to the ticking clock which was hung on the wall, my eyes focusing on the thin hand which ever so slowly kept ticking each second. "A....and done!" Paige lifted her hands up into the air as if she had just completed a art which was worth millions, a proud and confident smile on her face.

Finally having the opportunity, I turned around and almost gasped, I looked....beautiful. Paige had definitely done her magic, I looked flawless with an Smokey eye look and vibrant red lips. She did an amazing job to make my face look out there, whilst I had worn a plain and simple black maternity dress.

"I am certain when he sees you, he will drop to his knees." I threw my head back as a whole hearted laugh escapes my parted lips, my hands gently placed on my bump rubbing it ever so gently. "Your a really beautiful soul, Paige." I could not help but tell her, sure she was young but I have never felt so close to someone than I felt with her. She was no one, but felt like she was everything to me.

"Now, now...now. Before you make me cry, let's get you out of here. I am sure he will be just as impatient to see you."

——

"Where are we?" I could not stop myself from asking as the car came to a stop in front of what looked like a field. "It's a surprise." Was all he said before taking my hand as I stepped out of the car. I could hear the soft music playing in a distant, and the nerves of excitement making my heart skip a beat as I walk further into the field, unaware of what the surprise he had to show me.  We continued to walk hand in hand through a beautiful field which he no doubt owned, the leaves crunching beneath our feet.

"Woow." I exclaimed my eyes boring into the sight before me, the trees in front of me was lit up with fair lights a table in the centre with a vase filled with roses and beside it was a candle flickering from the light breeze around us.

"I have done a lot of things between us wrong, but I want this to be a fresh start between us." My heart skipped a beat at his words, I had never imagined I would end up falling in love with my sister's husband but here I stood head over heels in love with him, but I knew I could not make the same mistake of loving him unconditionally not without making sure that he would not stomp on my heart as he had done before.

The sun begins to set, casting a golden glow on our face as we settle down on the chair. We watch the colors of the sky change, it was as if I had come to acknowledge that this is just the beginning of something wonderful.

"You did all of this?" I could not stop myself from asking, my eyes wondering around in astonishment. "Well...not exactly, I had some help." I chuckled as his cheeks heated up, he rubbed the back of his hands behind his neck nervously. We both busted out laughing, throwing our heads back as we share a moment of laughter, stolen glances, and a connection that feels effortless.

Maybe this was a great beginning to whatever holds between us...