Chapter 2:Prolude 2

"I hate that I miss you,
I hate that you forgot about me.
I hate that I still care about you,
I hate that you'll never know about it."

**

POV Petrov Nikolaev

POV Petrov Nikolaev

As the i entered the basement, i saw that the place was streaming with my men, some of whom were practising shooting in the shooting area on one side while the other's were working on their various assignments. At once a hush fell over everyone, no one daring to make a sound knowing that something very important was going to happen. 

"Bring him out", I commanded.  Carlos looked at Antonio, giving him a significant look and at once understanding washed over his face and he rushed out of the door. 

Soon he came back half dragging a man behind him who had his face tied up in a black bag. Removing the bag, he pushed the trembling man to the centre of the room on his knees. 

I in the meantime had walked over to the bar and had helped himself to some vintage vine.  Over his glass of wine, I saw the man who had tried to cheat and betray me enter the room being dragged by one of my men, Antonio.  He looked worse for wear. His face was bloody as though it was repeatedly punched, his once crisp and expensive coat had blood and grimme over it. 

"Hello Adriano, I hope your stay has been pleasant here." I began, myself voice taking a darker edge with every syllable that i spoke. 

"You have done something which is against our Omertà, I give you one chance to explain to me the reason behind your betray." 

"King, please, I swear I didn't mean to betray you. The Spanish had taken my son and wife as hostage and had threatened me with their lives. I had no other choice boss, please"Adriano begged. 

"Tsk Tsk, you do not lie to your superiors Adriano.Your wife and son are currently enjoying a holiday in Malaysia and they've been there for the past month or so.Don't worry though, they're going to join you soon enough"I stated coldly. 

"Please, King. I'm sorry for leaking out information about our shipments and taking the money for myself. Please forgive me, don't kill me. I swear I'll return the profits and whatever money that was lost, please"Adriano cried pathetically. 

"Cease his ramblings "I drawled, and turned to walk out the door.  Knowing that this was probably the last words that he was going to hear in his life he started struggling against Antonio who had come over to drag him back.

"I know the plots to get the Cierra Treasure."I stopped in my tracks,everyone in the room including the guards stiffened.I turned around clenching my jaws in anger,
"I wonder how you know where my treasure is;and who stole it!"I spat out suspiciously,his eyes widened in fear and he quickly shook his bloody face in a no.

"I-I can take you there King Nikolaev."He pleaded for his life,my fisted palm loosened and a half hearted smirk plaster on my face.

He was to die,if it was not today then after he took me to the person who stole my jewels.

"Antonio cancel the meeting which was to take place today."I growled out animalistically,Antonio furiously nodded his head afraid as his head lowered not daring to look me in the eyes.