Chapter 15:Reuniting

POV Alessandra Siciliano

An hour full of pain, the amount of attention received was almost overwhelming but I continued to remind myself that this was the first step of having my own identity.

All of this was necessary, I learnt that hiding away was worse than being targeted. At least when I die I would have my own name in my grave stone, and not die with a fake identity.

"Alessandra, your like a copy of your sister. If I was unaware for why this party is held I would definitely mistaken you." The voice was too familiar, I turned around and too my surprise it was Maurice Campbell. I had to remind myself I was Alessandra and not Alessia, and Alessandra did not know Maurice.

"Hi, and you are?" I asked, with a smile. She looked at me closely as is inspecting me, she grabbed ahold of my hand and shook it.
"Maurice. Maurice Campbell, wife of John Campbell." She introduced herself, I continued to smile.

"Pleasure to meet you, please do see yourself to the snack and drinks." I said politely, stopping a passing waiter I grabbed a white wine.
"Here, finest wine. Freshly made from my uncles wine factory." I said stretching my hand with the glass filled with wine, but she shook her head.

"After many years God has blessed me with another child, I can not risk that by drinking alcohol." She spoke, I gasped placing the glass back on the tray and shooed the waiter away.
"I apologies, I was unaware." I spoke, guilt filled my voice but she shook her head and laughed it off.

"I barely look pregnant, it was not your fault. But I can see you are pregnant yourself." I gasped as she said that, I was barely three weeks pregnant I was not even showing there was no bump.
"Your face is glowing, it was how I was in the first few weeks of my pregnancy." She spoke, I was startled to answer but I nodded my head. It was the time when John approached his arms wrapped securely around his wife.

"Do you need a chair? Does your feet hurt? Is it swollen?" He spoke a series of questions, but the love and worry was clear, it was the moment I realised I would not receive the same treatment.
"I am fine? I was just speaking to Alessandra Siciliano, is she not a charmer." She stated to her husband, John turned finally acknowledging another presence. He smiled.

"Twins, you look identical to Alessia." He spoke, it was what she heard almost all day. The continuous words that repeated all day,
"I have heard that before." I spoke, he gave me a sympathetic look as if understanding how hard it felt with the continuous comparison with my sister.

"Sister." The dame voice which I had began to dread came, I turned to looked Alessia. My eyes looked around and behind her hoping to find someone or a specific someone but she was alone.
"Alessia. A pleasant surprise." Maurice greeted coming in for a hug, I froze as I realised that Alessia disliked Maurice.

"What the hell women, stay away from me." Alessia rudely spoke, giving a dirty look she went around her as if Maurice was contagious.
Maurice gave a narrower eyes, she seemed startled by Alessia's sudden reaction.
"Alessia,Behave." I gritted out, Alessia would only be nice to those who she was comfortable with, and loved.

"Well excuse me I need a drink." Alessia did not bother to wait as she walked away, I gave an awkward smile to the couple before rushing behind Alessia.
"You know you can't have alcohol, your pregnant." I gritted out snatching the glass from her hands.

"Calm down Alessandra, it's just Apple Juice." Tearing my eyes away from here and looking down at the glass I let out a sigh of relief when I realised it was just juice. Handing the glass back to Alessia, I looked around but my breath felt stuck in my throat as the familiar back was too me.

"You brought Petrov with you?" I asked, sending a sharp glare towards me sister.
"He wouldn't listen, something about some treaty discussion." She scowled at the mention of Petrov making me roll my eyes and continue to look at Petrov.

"Did father send Paul back?" Her question took me back from my thoughts about Petrov and I looked at her debating whether or not I should say the truth.
"It's better if do not know." I spoke, I tried to walk away but her grip on my wrist prevented me from taking another step.

"He's the father of my child, do not separate him from me." I released a breath I was unaware I was holding. I turned around to look at Alessia, the corner of her eyes were on the verge of tears.
"Peter Ambrose refused to take back the bastard he so happily sent away, father could not find any other solution that would be safe for him and decided to let him stay with us but further away from you." I spoke a low sob escaped her lips, she looked pained and the look she held looked so dejected.

"At that moment everything felt heaven, I forgot that I was married. I had forgotten everything." She whispered, it was the moment where I had so much to say but my eyes drifted to Petrov who was approaching us.
"Wipe your tears Petrov is coming." I whispered, Alessia wiped her tears and giving a fake smile she turned just as Petrov approached.

"A-Alessia?" He stuttered looking at the two of us, he narrowed his eyes. He looked at me and took a step towards me but I stepped back and pointed towards Alessia.
"She's Alessia, I am Alessandra." I spoke, I my palms perfectly fit into his as I shook it. His eyes held on me.

"Right,sorry. I'm Petrov Nikolaev,Alessia's Husband." He whispered the last part which had caught the attention of both me and Alessia,  it was as if he did not want to mention his marital status to Alessia.

"Pleasure to finally meet you."