Chapter 24:Midnight Argument And Caught

POV Alessandra Siciliano

Fear had crept inside of me, the yells could be heard from afar and I was afraid Petrov would hear it. Taking baby steps towards the kitchen, the lights had been switched off and it had passed midnight and I was pretty sure it was nearing sunrise.

Frustrated and annoyed being awoken by the morning sickness and instead of peacefulness all I hear is bickering and yelling, even from afar you could tell who it was. I had no idea if they knew they were being incredibly loud, or they did not care and were just stupid.

As I stood in front of the archway, viewing the two figures as my fingers struggled to find the light switch. I continued to look back which was pretty useless as I could not see anything except darkness.

Finally finding the switch, I switched it on and opened my mouth to speak when I heard another voice behind me.

"What is going on over here?" My body instantly tensed, feeling his body radiating not so far behind me. Alessia and Paul instantly silence, I could see the fear clear in their eyes as they stared at us.

"What are you doing with my wife?" Yelled Petrov once again, I shut my eyes not know how to get them out of the trouble they have caused. The scene if their dead body made it back into my head, and I felt the hair in my body stand up.

"Petrov, baby? I am Alessia." I spoke quickly turning around to face him, once I realised me and Alessia has in fact worn the same nightdress. Hoping he could not see the difference between Alessia and me.

"I am really sorry, I believe our bickering was louder than expected." My head snapped towards Alessia who had spoken, the glare could easily be seen. I watched Paul lower his head.
"I never knew Alessandra, you and Paul are together?" I felt my throat become even drier at his question, I continued to watch Alessia who seemed startled by the sudden question and confused how to answer it.

"Alessandra I suggest you go to bed, father would not be happy hearing about this," I spoke, Watching Alessia nod her head repeatedly and hurry to pass us allowing me to let out a breath of relief. I turned to walk away only to feel an arm wrap around my waist, frozen on the stop.

"You're going the wrong way." Gulping the spit down my throat before looking at him, giving him a small smile.
"I am not dumb Petrov, I was just going to talk to Alessandra. This is something she would not do." I made up a lie, changing my tone to sound like Alessia. I just needed an excuse to make it to my room and then swap with Alessia.

"She needs time to think on her own, we should rest." Before I could argue he was already dragging me up the stairs and into the hallway were we his and Alessia's bedroom was.
"I think I should check on her," I argued trying to walk away from him but his grip around my waist prevented me from going any further.

"Let's rest, we have not had time to our selves in a while. With everything happening, I think this is the moment we can have to our selves without any of the Mafia involvement and schedules." Feeling my palms becoming sweaty I have a hard and rough smile on my face as I
nodded my head and walked inside the room.

"Your right, I sure do need to rest," I spoke, Doing a fake yawn, I hurried towards the bed avoiding any conversation with him.
"Maybe we should hug and have a chat, we had an arranged marriage which did not allow us to get to know each other." Pulling the duvet over my head, clutching it tightly to my self in hopes he would just drop the idea of having a conversation and sleep.

"Maybe not." I heard him mutter, I bit my lower lips feeling horrible. I knew he wanted to make this relationship work, ignoring all the odds he wanted to make an arranged marriage work but how was I meant to make this work if it was not who he was assuming.

Feeling the bed dip behind me, and an arm wrap around my waist before he laid it on my stomach and gave it a little rub. A silent tear escaped my eyes as I felt him rub my stomach, even if it was for a moment or him not knowing that this was his baby and I was not Alessia but he was rubbing his unborn child.

I turned around and laid my head on his chest.

At this moment all thoughts, all promises seemed to have flown out of the window as I snuggled into the arms of Petrov.
I made another promise that this was going to be the only time I would fall weak, I had promised father I would not interfere in the relationship between him and Alessia.

Even if it meant to hurt myself.
Even if it meant to let my child not have a father.
Even if it meant to give the man I love to women who Will never love him and that broke my heart even more.

Life had taken a drastic turn, everything I felt or loved was turning into a joke I was making up lies after lies. I had become just like my sister, who I had sworn to be like like. To keep her safe, to let her child have a life and to let everything be easy I was giving up my love but there were times like this where I believed what if I did not give up. What if I did not lose the man I love? What if I told Petrov everything.

Would he accept me?

Love me?

Would he accept his unborn child?

Love it?