Chapter 21:The Dream

POV Alessandra Siciliano

I approached the desk, the lights of the hallway were dark the only source of light was coming from his office room. His door wide open, he seemed in deep thoughts. As I neared his office, I began to wonder how he would react if I told him the truth.

A smile arose as the thought of his arms wrapped around me protectively, his eyes full of love whilst his hands rubbing against my stomach which held the proof of our love.

"So you arrive." My thoughts snapped out of my thoughts with narrowed eyes, I looked at him realising I had reached his office. His eyes were glaring at me, giving me a deathly look and it looks good kill I was sure I would be six foot under the ground.

"Arrive? I was not aware I was needed?" I questioned, my palms placed on my pregnant stomach as I approached him.
"You came..." he looked down at his wrist where his golden Rolex was wrapped around his wrist.
"Exactly ten minutes late, you would have had the opportunity to witness the entertainment I had." For some reason I did not like the tone he spoke to me, it sounded sinister and cold. I feared at what he may do, what had happened?

"What had I missed?" I questioned, I heard him let out a evil laugh as if I had just said the most funniest thing in the world.
"Look around, Alessandra or should I say Alessia." My eyes were wide at his words but I could not help but look around a high pitch scream escaped my lips as the floor was smudged with blood as if a body had been pulled and not so far away from me laid the body of Alessia and Paul a bullet shot right in between there forehead.

A pool of tears began to fall as I screamed rushing to my sister, falling to my knees as I looked at the ceiling feeling as if I had lost my other half. I pulled the dead body of my sister closer to me, the bump in her stomach remained but the pool around her legs told me the story of her miscarriage.

Petrov was a murderer, he had not only killed Alessia and Paul but also an unborn child which had no fault in this horrible world. A child which lost his breath before he could even leave the womb of his mother.

I froze hearing the clicking of the gun, announcing that Petrov had unlocked the gun and I could only imagine that he was pointing The gun at me ready to kill me and our unborn child.

I stood up, ever so slowly turning around and just as expected I saw the gun before my eyes met him.

"You and your sister have betrayed me. I Petrov Nikolaev, you have succeeded to make a fool out of me but not anymore. I will give you the same punishment as your sister...death." I continued to stare at him, not afraid of him killing me as he had already taken my other half, my twin away from me. But the fear of him killing my unborn child made me want to wrap my arms around it protectively.

"I do not fear to die, but I believe you would lose the decedent to your leadership as you step down. Yes the child inside of me is yours." I cried, I awaited to see an emotion but when I found known I could feel my palm began to sweat.

"That is no child of mine." It was the moment he pulled the trigger. I bolted away, panting heavily, I looked around realising the car had come to a stop and we now stood in front of the mansion I promised t up never return.

The Nikolaev Mansion!

It had been a dream, I spoke as I looked at Petrov who's hands were around the waist of Alessia. A pinch could be felt watch him look at her with so much affection, he believed she was carrying his child but inside she was deceiving him...and so was I.

Even if I had not voluntarily done this, the phrase had been correct 'Too kiss a lie is like to agree to a lie.'

"Love never comes for free, it always brings along pain." The voice beside me made me turn my attention to look at Paul, who was looking at Alessia with pain clearly seen in his eyes. I could see he was deeply and madly in love with her.

"I can never agree more to your words, but I can still never forget how selfish you and Alessia had been taking advantage of me being her twin. I expected more from you." I spoke as I began to walk away leaving a guilty Paul behind, I did not feel pity of neither of them. But I will not lie and say I would want them dead.

"I had to find a way to keep this a secret. The moment Petrov Finds out, he would pull out his gun and end the lie of all three of us- no all five of us including the unborn child.

I must have been lost in my thoughts because I was pulled out of it when I felt something or someone crash against me, the loud crashes made me look down.

"I am so sorry Madame, I-I will be careful next time. I shall obey what ever punishment you want to give me." I narrowed my eyes, I helped her up and  faint smile on my face.
"Paige, you do not need to apologies." I spoke she looked at me confused.

"Madame Alessandra, how do you know my name?" I froze realising my mistake, the words had got stuck in between my throat making it unable for me to say another word.

"Aless, come on. Don't waste your breath on the maid, I had ordered your room to be cleaned let me take you to it." It was Alessia who approached even though I d is not like how she spoke to Paige, I could not be more glad for her to be here and divert our conversation. Giving Paige another look who was still staring at me with a look of confused whilst I turned my attention back to Alessia and approached her.

That was close!