Chapter 23

We decided to wait to tell everyone until we got back to Charming, also simply wanting to give it some time to be safe

We decided to wait to tell everyone until we got back to Charming, also simply wanting to give it some time to be safe. Bruce couldn't figure out a definite answer to how this happened, but the only theory he could come up with was that Loki's magic had done something. At this point I was simply overjoyed with what was happening and didn't really care of the how. We made our way to the jet, saying our good byes to everyone has Clint and Steve prepared to fly us back. They had no idea what was going on, only Wanda did and that was because she had slipped into my mind on accident. I wasn't angry with her and ended up giving her a message to show to the team later once we had left. I did tell Yelena because I knew she would be upset if I didn't tell her in person, but she promised to keep it a secret until the right time. Jamie decided to come with us as I still needed some help with the surprise for Chibbs that I hadn't been able to show him yet. We finally landed at the airport and I could see Ma running towards me with the rest of the club following behind her. She slammed into me and if it hadn't been for Chibbs standing behind I us I actually would have fallen. Once we were ready we climbed in the car and I watched as Clint took off with Steve to head back to New York. I cuddled up next to Chibbs and he wrapped his arm around me as we headed back to the clubhouse. There was going to be a party tonight and that's when we decided we would make the big announcement. We had gone to our room and were getting settled in when I got a text from Jamie letting me know everything was ready at the beach. "Whose that Lass?" Chibbs asked as he came out from the bathroom freshly clean and wearing only a towel. I got distracted as I looked up his body, biting my lower lip as I followed the line of his muscles up his chest. He smirked seeing the look on my face and moved forward before yanking flush against him. "Words lassie," he said in a low raspy voice. I felt my cheeks heat up as I finally met his eyes. "Just Jamie letting me know he was on his way back," I said leaving out what he had been up to the last few hours. I had offered to help, but Jamie refused to let me only having me tell him where I wanted things set up through text as I rest back at the club house. I placed a kiss on Chibbs' lips and before long we were in a full on make out session with both of us laying on the bed. When we pulled apart Chibbs moved a stray hair from my face, before getting up and going to his dresser. He opened the sock drawer and rummaged around for a minute before taking something out and getting back into bed with me. Once he was comfortable he held whatever the item was he grabbed and held it above my head where I couldn't see before carefully taking something out and tossing the object off the bed. "Do ya remember what I said, after the fight?" he asked hoping I had some how heard him then. I nodded with a smile remembering how his voice had broke through the darkness and I heard the words marry me. "Is your answer still the same?" he asked again and this time I could barely see the fear he was trying to hide in his eyes. I decided, somehow in my foggy brain, that messing with him would be a good idea right now.