Chapter 4/02

Chaewon used to view unemployment as a curse, a stain on one's reputation, a scarlet letter stitched on a harlot's clothing.

But that's only because she's never been unemployed.

It's actually not that bad, she realizes.

Her future may be uncertain, but she's living in the present and the present is good.

She's watching The Great British Bake Off and when that notification pops up asking if she's still watching, Chaewon can just shoo it away because she's not going anywhere.

She has nowhere to be, no clock to chase, no deadline to meet.

She's not going to remain in this purgatory state forever-eventually she's going to update her LinkedIn and send out a few resumes-but Chaewon's going to relish in it while it lasts.

So when Yunjin invites her to Shiro's grooming appointment, Chaewon tags along. What else is she going to do?

And when Yunjin suggests they try beating their personal record-even when Chaewon's so overstimulated and overwhelmed that she can feel her heartbeat pounding in her ears-Chaewon relents and redirects Yunjin's hands to her writhing body.

What else is she going to do? Who else is capable of making her feel this way? Who else is this good at making her feel this good ?

Yunjin's wanton growls and sweet nothings and everything in between tip Chaewon over the edge and make her see stars every single time, without fail.

"Let go," Yunjin whispers when she knows Chaewon is close.

They've done this enough times that Yunjin can read Chaewon's cues.

She starts babbling the hottest nonsense Yunjin has ever heard and she digs her heels deeper into the mattress as a necessity. Like if she doesn't do that, she might literally float away.

Chaewon is never able to hear Yunjin over her own voice so Yunjin has to repeat herself louder.

"Let go, baby."

And Chaewon does.

Her mind goes blank as she lets go of everything burdening her.

When her eyes flutter open, Yunjin is there: the one thing she hasn't let go of.

It's just the two of them, breathing each other's air in their shared paradise, neither party ever wanting to leave.

"Thank you, come again," Yunjin says at the end of each tryst before laughing to herself at the sexual pun that was so obviously intended.

Chaewon kind of hates her for it.

Or loves her.

She really doesn't know at this point. Chaewon's past the point of knowing anything.