19

"MY LITTLE SISTER IS THE CUTEST!" This phrase had become a common occurrence as Sorano made sure to remind Yukino everyday of how adorable she was. Sometimes it was extremely touching, their sisterly love and dedication and all and how strong the bonds of family really was ..

Faye placed the knife down, putting a hold on her current action.

"Do you need to lose that hand of yours?" The woman seemed to emit a burning flame of rage as she glared at Angel who had her hand over Sting's as she whispered not so quietly to the guild master— "Alright you can tell me .. Are you being held hostage?"

"I can free you~"

Sting let out a groan. He just wanted to watch Faye cook. But unfortunately that seemed just too much to ask for as Sorano had a tendency to intentionally stir trouble for the two of them.

"Quit it." He scolded her as she merely shrugged her shoulders.

Faye breathed a sigh of relief that she'd now put a seat of distance between the two of them. The woman had recently been watching Minerva and Millianna filet fish and wanted to try it out herself.

Her knife work was almost terrifying.

He never wanted to be on the other end of it.

Minerva and Rogue had gone out on a job together and they wouldn't be back for a few days, so Faye picked up the cooking duty until she returned.

"She's really got the great Sabertooth master wrapped all around her finger, doesn't she?" Sorano hummed in amusement, sending a glance to the man who had his eyes only on her. He chuckled a bit. "I don't see anything wrong with that."

"YOU'RE GOING TO FALL SOMEDAY." Sting tried to hold her hand as she dangerously balanced herself on the railing of the bridge. He found that the woman did it often and enjoyed doing so. Faye giggled and jumped, startling him for just a moment before she landed on her feet again. "And when I do, it'll be your fault for jinxing me."

"And for not catching me!"

When they reached the end of the bridge, she'd finally jumped off, much to his relief. Sting let out a scoff. "I caught you that time after your fight, didn't I? And you weren't even conscious for the first time after Natsu threw you to me." That sounded like something Natsu would very much do.

Faye grinned at him. It was her cheeky little mischievous one. Somehow he could also see devil horns and a tail sprouting from his imagination. "Would you like a reward for that?"

"Somehow, I feel like I'll get one regardless of my answer."

The woman chuckled, pinching his cheek. "You're still a brat."

Sting didn't deny her words. They were taking an extremely late night stroll as the clock was much past midnight and all the drunks were stumbling out of bars as they closed their doors. It was a spontaneous move after neither of the two could sleep and Faye wanted to go to the nearby park.

They kept walking for a little while longer, passing by street lamps and homes, closed stores and empty stalls.

Finally, they reached the park that stood near a church and best of all, by the railing of the coast. The woman immediately ran forward and let out a delighted hum. It was quite the right night when the moon was at its fullest and hung just right in the center between the ocean's horizon and the sky itself. Unfortunately, it wasn't a starry night, but the moon and its reflection on the low tides were very much satisfactory to her.