Home Problems

Jordin's POV

-
-
-

"And yuh can imagine dis likkle shit have the audacity fi come talk bout 'it nah guh pretty the next time', him madda need fi raise him wid more sense" I was laying on my bed watching from the small screen as my best friend ran around her room organizing clothes while she listened to me rant.

"Mi hear seh him name Rajauny Perkins, dem seh sumn like him did get expel from him old school so dem put him a Jago," she said finally turning to face the camera with a heap of clothes in her hands.

I stared dumbfounded at how many clothes she had scattered around her room.

"Is like your madda nuh search your room ino, mek yuh suh nasty gyal?" I snickered.

"Yuh always a focus pan weh yuh nuh fi a focus pan, mi juss tell yuh bout e bwoy and yah talk bout mi clothes. How dat concern yuh likkle girl?" She rolled her eyes walking out of sight from the camera.

"Mi hear yuh but how him even get inna Jago if him get expelled from him other school?" I questioned staring up at the ceiling.

"Yah ask suh much question bout e bwoy yuh want him or sumn?!" She half shouted from where ever she was so that she was sure I could hear.

"A doh want no man dem things deh cause stress and problem" I rolled my eyes.

As soon as she started to answer me back I heard a shrill voice screaming out my name causing me to snap my head in the direction of my room door. "Gabs I'ma call you back later it sounds like mommy a call mi"

"Alright bubz, and please nuh mek shi get to yuh" I ended the Facetime with a sigh before lazily dragging my body from the comfort of my sheets and trudging across the house to where I heard my name being called from.

I made my way into the living room where I finally saw my mom standing before the TV her back turned to me.

"Mommy you call me?" I spoke up after a while

"Who fah own this?!" She shouted turning around to face me.

I looked down to her hand where I saw her pinching a used condom between her thumb and index fingers.

"Mommy that is not mine, a swear" I pleaded briefly stepping back.

"Den a who fah? yah talk to me like mi born yesterday. Nuh fuck yuhself wid mi ino gyal, a dis mi sen yuh a school fah, Fi guh look man?!"

She could never accept it. That sperm donor of a man I call dad cheated on her, the arguments were a daily occurrence, but she just couldn't seem to let it go and fully accept that he cheated. Yet she makes it her task to terrorize me and take out all her anger on me instead. I got pretty tired of it, but it's not like I could do anything about it.

I'm sure she wouldn't hesitate to kick me out of her house.

"Mommy we both know that it's daddy's own, I swear is not mine ask him!" I raised my voice slightly getting upset, yet I instantly regretted it once I saw her dropping the condom to the floor and taking slow steps over to me.

"Who yuh think yah talk to likkle gyal"

I started taking abrupt steps back feeling with my hand trying to make sure I didn't bump into anything while trying to escape.

Before I could fully realize what was happening I felt a hard slap to my upper arm followed by another to my face as soon as I whipped my head around. I started screaming and crying out in agony but that didn't seem to stop her brutal assault, instead, she moved from slapping to punching.