Funeral

☆ Jordin's POV ☆

-
-
-

2 weeks.

It's been two weeks since me and Gabby got into that argument.

Two weeks since she's been ignoring me.

Over that period, I've come to realize that maybe I was wrong and just being paranoid about the whole situation.

I've tried to apologize, but she won't even look at me.

She petty bad, but mi deserve it ina one kinda way.

Today is Jay's funeral.

The family decided to keep a small gathering at the school before his body was sent to the church and then the burial site.

Nothing hurts more than watching your best friend cry while sitting seats away from you, out of your reach.

And there's absolutely nothing you can do to make them feel better.

Dah man yah a preach from mi born and all now him cyah done. Bout 3 time mi buck already ino.

"Can I get an Amen!!"

I placed my hand over my mouth yawning as I listened to the church respond in reverence.

A small tap was placed on my shoulder, resulting in me turning around.

"fawod" Rajauny whispered in my face before he motioned with his head outside the church.

I never actually told him anything about the letter, I mean...how could I?

Plus a nuh fi him business.

Without questioning the lightskin's motive, I quietly slip away from the two women sandwiching me between them.

Dem nuh stink or nothing in, di lady dem juss a squeeze in di likkle air mi ave, and when me ask dem fi move ova dem talk bout 'nuh space nuh deh there'

Kiss mi tooth ya.

I followed quickly in tow as Rajauny rounded the church building, trying to go as unnoticed as possible.

Mommy nuh deh here but mi sure har fass friend and neighbor dem deh yah, dem know everybody and dem CAN CHAT. 

Is like dem neva hear when di man seh "see people business and leave it alone".

Dem too mixup fi dem age...wanda if that ago be me and Gabby in the future.

If she decides to talk to me again.

"Babe"

"Hmm?" blinking twice to clear the cloud of thoughts in my head.

I look up at a worried-looking Rajauny.

"you okay?" He stepped closer to me running his hand over my slick back.

"mhm," I sighed while putting my hands behind my back.

I heard a chuckle at this which made me furrow my brows.

"Yah laugh fah?"

"Yah act like one stress-out grandma"

Wah?

 "Wah yuh mean by dat?" I leaned back onto the sink.

Wait, sink?

I quickly looked around my surroundings making out that we were now in the church's bathroom. I didn't even notice it earlier.

"Yuh hand dem pan yuh hip, squidge up eyebrow and the sigh, giving grandma fi sure" The curly head laughed while stepping closer to me so his hands could now rest on my hips, causing my own hands to fall to my side.