love bug

Jason's pov
I began to play the bass for Enter Sandman while I head banged pretty hard as the crowds energy matched ours. It was electrifying for us, especially
Y/n because whenever she played, she told me,
"music speaks what the heart wants or feels.

Sometimes we can't say something in our own words, so we sing 'em", which I think is 100% honest and truth. But also sometimes music was just something to listen or play for shots and giggles too. That's when I heard Y/n's electricity in her voice as she sang with James, harmonizing with her.

"Say your prayers, little one, don't forget, my son
To include everyone
I tuck you in, warm within, keep you free from sin
'Til the Sandman, he comes
Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight
Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
We're off to never-never land!"

James and Y/n sang so far. I walked right beside Y/n and began to rock next to her as she did the same with me and matched my energy. This is why I loved her. I had always liked her for a while and James, Lars, and Kirk knew about it, too. They were supportive of it as well, so I've been trying for a while to get her attention and take her out.

"Something's wrong, shut the lights, heavy thoughts tonight.

And they aren't of Snow White
Dreams of war, dreams of liars, dreams of dragons' fire
And of things that will bite, yeah!
Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight!
Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
We're off to never-never land
Yeah-yeah!"

Whenever Y/n sang with James, it sounded amazing and unreal. Her voice was angelic and soft but then when she began to sing, it was completely different. But she sounded amazing. Kirk did a guitar solo with his wah pedal as Y/n did it with him and they just had fun together, it was adorable seeing her have fun on stage.

"Now, I lay me down to sleep-" James started.
"Now, I lay me down to sleep." Y /n repeats.
"Pray the lord my soul to keep-"
"Pray the lord my soul to keep."
"If I die before I wake-"
"If I die before I wake."
"Pray the lord my soul to take-" James finished.
"Pray the lord my soul to take." Y/n finally repeated and finished.
"Hush little baby, don't say a word And never mind that noise you heard
It's just the beast under your bed
In your closet
In your head!" James sang and then he began to sing with Y/n, too.

"Exit light!
Enter night!
Grain of sand!
Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
We're off to never-never land (yeah!"
There was a short pause and the lights dimmed until they snapped back on and James and Y/n went,
"OH!
Yeah-yeah, no!
We're off to never-never land
Take my hand!
We're off the never-never land
We're off to never-never land"

Then it began to fade out with the overplaying of the fade out part. Y/n smiled and looked at me while I smiled back at her. She came to me and I went to her before she said something to me.

"I'm so tired! I'm glad we only have one song left!"
She told me in my ear over the screaming crowd.

"What's the last song?" I asked. She smiled wide, "Nothing else matters!" I got nervous to play because I knew it was a hard song to play but Y/n smiled and shook her head while holding my face.

"Don't worry! It's the last song of the night. Then we can go out to dinner and wash ourselves and whatever." She said.
She then walked back over to James and Kirk while talking with them.

I felt my face get all red, not because I was tired, because I fell even more in love because she knew I liked the song. She came back over to me and ruffled my hair.

"You'll do good, I'm nervous because I can never get my pitch right when I sing this song. It's always after Sandman that I mess up."
I smiled, "you do great anyways. You always do great."