on melancholy hill

Jason's pov

Me and (Y/N) haven't been in good terms lately
Constantly fighting with each other. Why? Well, they've been concerned with the state of me and my band. Always drinking. I understand their thought process, but it's my life. I live it how I want.

With that, we've been a bit separated. We don't even sleep together anymore. I started sleeping on the couch while they slept on the bed. We rarely talk nor acknowledge each other.

After a while, it made me feel, rather lonesome, so to say. It's never got this point before. I started to feel guilty about the entire thing as I also started to miss them. It was fucking depressing.

The other day, we were in the studio, recording for our album, "Ride the Lighting". James and Lars been working out a lot of the lyrics so all we had to is figure out what tune matches what, then record it if we like it and got used to how it sounded.

James stared at me the whole time, but said nothing. Not long until (Y/N showed up. They always show up regardless to support us, which we all appreciated.

I saw that they were wearing one of my shirts and smiled a bit.

"Well hey there little munchkin!" Kirk exclaimed as he went to hug them as they entered the room.

They smiled, hugging him back.

"Kirk, I'm basically the same height as you. Shush."

Lars looked up from his set as (Y/N) sat down on the sofa next to James, who took his gaze off me.

"Hey (Y/N)," he said, giving them a side hug.

"What are y'all doing this time?"

"Well," Lars began. "Me and Mr. James there, were finished writing. Now, we're trying to figure out how it go with music."

"Ooo. Can I see?" They asked which made James smiled.

He grabbed the notepad he was writing in and gave it to them.

"Jason, over there, helped us on this one," he pointed.

They read and said nothing. That's when I could feel the weird tension between us going on, again.

James noticed and mouthed to me, "What happened?", I obviously didn't respond.

I would tell him later, which is more and likely not gonna happen.

The band all knew we fought but they never knew why.

They constantly pestered me about it, which became annoying after some time.

When (Y/N) finished, I saw them look at me, but only for a spit second, then looked at James.

"Not bad. I can imagine it going a bit fast paced a bit, then when you start with the "Die, by my hand" portion, it goes a bit slow, then for the rest, the same pace as before."

Kirk smiled as he picked up his guitar.

"You know what, that doesn't seem like a bad idea."
We started to figure the music with the lyrics Lars and James wrote.

It took us a bit so we didn't record today. We'll just do it next week. (Y/N) left as we stared putting our stuff away. I went to the kitchen on the other side of the hallway to get some water out of the refrigerator, and sat down at the table. Out of no where, I see James sit down as well.

"Can I help you?"

"What the hell happened? You can't tell me nothing did cause I've been watching y'all like a hawk.

You guys are never this separate or quiet." I sighed as I opened the water bottle, taking slow sips.

"Well, as you noticed, our drinking is going too far."