Chapter Five

(A/N: heyyyy there's some fluff later on in this chapter, just a heads up <3)

His words rang in your ears. Falling for me? We'd only met two days ago, there's no way he's actually falling in love with me. Doubts clouded your mind, and yet you smiled.

"I think I'm falling for you too, Luka. But I don't wanna rush this.. I want to be closer with you first." It hurt to turn him down, but you couldn't risk dating a boy you just met.

His grip on your hand loosened for just a moment before tightening again.

"I understand, Maybelle. I just wanted to get that off my chest." Luka explained. You wished you could kiss him, but you knew better. Instead, you squeezed his hand and smiled at the ground.

You were back in your room, alone this time. Luka had taken you home after you two finished your pastries at a cafe, and you missed his company. You tried not to let your mind wander too much, squeezing your eyes tighter every time Lila's bloody face popped up.

Laying down with a book to distract your thoughts, you slowly dozed off.

You sat up abruptly, heart pounding, you realized you had been screaming. Wiping the sweat off of your forehead, you checked the time as you tried to slow your hoarse breathing.
8:48pm.
Just then, your door opened, and your mother walked in with a worried expression.

"I heard you yelling, is everything okay?" She asked, sitting down on the edge of your bed.

You looked down at your hands, accepting she probably had died during the attack. Mustering up your best smile, you answered.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just.. Was playing a game on my phone! It scared me is all," motioning towards your phone next to you, you smiled wider. "Thank you for checking on me, mama."
She seemed to buy it, kissing your forehead and letting you know dinner was ready, she left your room.

When you were sure she was gone, you buried your face in a stuffed animal and grabbed your phone to text Luka.

Maybelle
Hey, are you still awake?

Luka
Yeah, you okay?

Maybelle
Bad dream... I think? I can't remember it

Luka
I'm sorry Belle, is there anything I can do to help?

Maybelle
No. But I'll be fine. Thank you Luka <3

Luka
Of course, Belle. I'm here for you, just text or call me if you need me <3

Your heart skipped a beat when he reciprocated the heart emoticon, making you smile. You put your phone to the side and made your way to the kitchen to eat dinner.

After dinner and a much needed face mask, you laid down, eager to get some real sleep. You and Luka had exchanged a few texts, some flirty, most not. You were glad to have such a nice person in your life and soon fell asleep.

Your alarm woke you up the next morning. Still half asleep, you went to turn it off when your hand made contact with something warm and sticky. Snatching your hand back as your heart raced, you blinked a few times and examined your hand. It was clean.
Shaking the anxiety off, you hopped into the shower, now completely awake.
Getting ready was tough today, but you threw together something to make yourself feel pretty.
A white tank top, a brown plaid skirt, a brown zip up and a pair of docs would do nicely.