12

Até was essentially the Greek goddess of mischief and ruin. Cast out of Olympus for blinding Zeus to the trickery of Hera. Hence, leading him to banish her for all eternity. The goddess made frequent trips to Midgard; it being the only place she could resonate with.

So many souls to inflict her powers of delusion and reckless impulse upon. As she was strolling the streets of New Orleans she came upon Robichaux's academy. Seeing as the building is completely white and pristine, it sparked her interest. Brief flashes of her past home flooding her mind.

She walked up the steps and knocked on the door. A blonde woman opening it and smiling softly at her. "I'm... seeking refuge" Até claimed, panting and appearing frightened to make her statement more believable. The mysterious woman, of course, invited her in but she knew something was off.

Cordelia told her of what Robichaux's was, watching the woman intently. Looking for any sort of reaction that would draw out her true intentions. Upon hearing what they do there, Até found herself feeling more connected to the place. The stories of girls who were kicked out for their abilities, finding a safe place at the school.

The goddess decided to leave the school alone and fled in the middle of the night. She needed to get back to Dreake before anyone could notice she was missing. Yet every time she returned to Midgard she felt herself drawn to the building. Sometimes just sitting across the street and staring at it.

The energy provided her with a peace she'd never known before. Her husband Hephaestus however, he had some choice feelings on the matter. He was also cast out of Olympus, due to his lameness from a birth defect. Até had long since turned her back on the place she once called home. Hephaestus on the other hand, he craved to get back in the good graces of Olympus.

The two fought endlessly over the topic, Até having pent up frustrations that needed to be released. So he agreed to allow her a trip to Midgard to hopefully ease her troubles. He never could've foreseen how much it would affect her. Cordelia and Até formed a sort of kinship after the blonde caught her watching the building one day.

As the goddess' trips to Midgard became more frequent, her husband grew restless. His efforts at returning home were proving fruitless. He presumed it to be a result of Até and her recklessness. One day, the goddess fell pregnant and their lives flipped upside down. Her trips to Midgard were cut back and Hephaestus, though it wasn't intended, thought this might fix their problems.

Little did he know, Até's trips were no longer about releasing what was building inside her. She was preparing for a vision she saw the night she found out about her unborn child. Cordelia and Até spent hours discussing arrangements. The goddess eventually convincing the witch to accept her gift of life.

Até knew a mass destruction was approaching, she didn't know when but she felt it certain. After watching Isabella grow each day, Cordelia couldn't just leave her an orphan. She knew that when the day did come, that Isabella would search for who she was, Cordelia wanted to be there with open arms.

"So my mother and father are both outcasts? Well that's lovely" Isabella grumbles as she and Cordelia traipse the boardwalk. "I suppose you could say that. Thought your mother had found the error in her ways. Your father... well I never met him but she sure talked about him a lot" the blonde chuckles.

Hephaestus; the greek god of artisans, carpenters, sculpture, fire, and volcanoes. Hera's parthenogenous child; in other words with the absence of fertilization. Due to an apparent birth defect—which some speculate to have been caused by the fall when Zeus cast him out—he was banished.

The god had done no wrong in his life and was desperate to return home. He found a kindred spirit in Até, both having been thrown down. He figured that, if he could reform Até, that would be enough to get them both back home. He never intended to fall in love with the goddess but that's just how some things are.

Learning that Até had no desire to return, did not deter him from his task. But when the goddess caught on to his plan, discourse ensued. It is her trademark after all. Nevertheless, they both met the same fate that day.

"I knew it'd... happened... when your mother suddenly stopped visiting me. She had spoken of it feeling closer the few months before, though I thought it was too soon. I always hoped she was wrong, but I knew she wasn't. Despite your mother's title and natural disposition, she was a kind soul" Cordelia voices.

"Wow..." Isa sighs, her brain feeling like it's going to explode with all the information. "I know, it's a lot. Take all the time you need to process, I'll be here for you. Always" the blonde expresses, rubbing the other woman's shoulder. "Do you think I... inherited some of their powers?" the brunette questions, looking to the witch for guidance.

The girl's mother had prepared the witch for this. Giving her all the information she needed to assist Isabella. Até knew that Isabella would not know of her parents' true identity. They were forced to blend into society and only used their powers on special occasions. To Isa, her mother was just a cynical and mischievous woman.

Her father, merely a handyman in her eyes; it was intended to appear that way. So she told Cordelia the truth, in hopes that her daughter would find her way to the woman and learn of her origins. "I do. Your mother said they are just dormant due to their banishment. Learning of where you come from is the first step" the witch explains.

"Will you teach me?" Isabella asks, looking up to the woman. Curiosity and hope filling her eyes as she begs for answers. "It would be my pleasure" the blonde answers, a smile on her face as this is the day she has been waiting for. "You know, your mother told me that even if you hadn't found me, that you would be drawn here. It's in your veins" Cordelia voices.

"She said I was supposed to tell you I'm your godmother" she giggles, Isabella laughs along at the irony of the title as well. "I'm glad you're here, honey" the witch states as they arrive back at the car, "me too" Isabella smiles.