23-24

Chapter 23

August 21st, Summer before sophomore year of college (During Lisa's fuckgirl phase lol) Trust me, this part is relevant and is not just random

Lisa's POV

The heat waves flow, waving around an inch above the surface of the ground. The scorching sun shone brightly and the temperature hit high this sunny afternoon in the streets of Gwangju. My black classic Ray Ban sunglasses, shielding my eyes from the blinding rays. I wore a black loose tank top with low cut sides and ripped washed out jeans today not knowing that it was gonna be this hot, I could've worn shorts. I'm leaning against the side of my Jeep that's parked on the side of the street, with my arms crossed, having a little thinking session.

I love this city, it always felt like home. When I'm in Gwangju, I always found a hotel room (that isn't owned by my dad) or a friends place to stay with for the summer or during the short breaks between school days. I never stayed under the same roof as my father ever since I left for college, I haven't seen him face to face in a while since then.

"Hijo de puta!" A young girl, looking around my age, with mocha brown hair and caramel and blonde highlights, growls as she stops a few steps in front of me on the sidewalk. She bends down to inspect the broken heel of her high heels. Her long wavy hair covering her face as she bends down, trying to fix her one broken shoe while balancing on the unbroken foot. How does she do that in high heels?

A smirk tugs its way on my lips as my eyes wonder from her golden tanned legs to her pretty impressive backside that's poking high up in the air while she's bending down. She's wearing ripped denim short shorts which makes it even better.

Time to bring in the charm.

"Excuse me ma'am, do you need any help?" I ask her as I push myself off my car and walk closer to her with my arms still crossed.

"Huh?" She straightens up abruptly that she loses her balance and stumbles in front of me. I quickly grab onto her waist to hold her upright as her hands grab onto my shoulders. She looks up at me with those pretty brown eyes. She had a gorgeous face and an amazing body, she could pass to be a Victoria's Secret model. Damn, I love Spanish chicks.

"Um, no it's fine" She clears her throat, breaking away from me but ends up stumbling again. I once again hold her upright. I stare down at the numerous shopping bags that's hooked onto her arms.

"Do you want me to drop you off to your destination or to where your car is parked?"

"No, it's fine. I don't have a car and I'll just go hail a taxi" She declines.

"It's peak hour, plus there are plenty of tourists around it'll take a while for an unoccupied taxi to pass by. Unless if you're so determined to sit by the curb and wait for hours under the sun"

She eyes me for a second before glancing at the street that's filled with cars and occupied taxis, contemplating if she should trust me or not. While I'm still holding her upright with one hand, I take my glasses off with the other, hooking it on the neckline of my tank top. I see her eyes flicker around my face before they widen.

"Wait, you're Lisa Manoban"

...

The girl swings the wooden door open to her penthouse apartment. She walks in, in front of me bare foot, holding her heels in her hands. She drops them to the side while I follow behind her, holding her numerous shopping bags.

"I thought you looked familiar. You're basically in every article that's concerning the casino and hospitality industry. Daughter of the CEO of Crown Inc., The chick with the dick" She chuckles, leading me to her kitchen.