Chapter 4- Passed out

Luke's pov:

Work had been boring. There isn't lots of crime in this area and any of the real crime I'm never sent to deal with it. My boss always said it's because im 'better at handling youth crime'. Or in other words he wanted me around so that if we received a call about Grogu none of the other officers would have to deal with Din. Which I still didn't understand.

So here I was sat all alone 'looking through files' (I was on my phone trying to pretend to be professional). Everyone else had gone out to some robbery or something but I was stuck here again.

I heard the door slam and saw Lando standing there, "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at that robbery?" I questioned.

He rushed over to my side, "There was a robbery?" He asked exited, I nodded, "Holy shit! First real crime this towns seen in ages. Nah I'm just here because apparently we were understaffed. Im guessing cause of the robbery?" I nodded again, "Lets change the subject though. Why are you here sat all miserable?"

I sighed, "It's just that, well, im always stuck here in case they get a call about this kid. No one wants to deal with his Uncle. I don't understand why though he's not that aggressive? Not to me at least. I never do any real work."

He looked at me sympathetically, "Well that sucks," he perked up bit, "Wait I think I know this uncle your talking about, tall?" I nodded, " moustache?" I nodded, "nice brown eyes?" I nodded thinking a little about Dins eyes, "fourteen year old kid?" I nodded, "oh no he's aggressive."

"Really? I feel like we're not on the same planet. He's lovely. A little grumpy at times but always sweet." I smiled thinking about our encounter the other night.

Lando shrugged, "Maybe he just likes you more?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Likes me... more?"

He nodded, "Yeah. I can see why he would. The rest of the team are shitheads, your a sweat heart though."

I burst out laughing, "A sweet heart. Thats the first I've heard it."

"I mean... look at you." He slapped his knees, "Any way, lets get you out of this misery, come and have a drink with me and a few of the guys tonight. We're going to joes bar." He said. I rolled my eyes, "Ill buy you a donut from the bakery round the corner?"

"So what time?" I asked.

Lando laughed, "I'll pick you up around nine okay?"

Time skip brought the you by Lando cause... wow Lando
~;~;~;~

I lay on the sofa in my apartment waiting for Lando to pick me up. 8:34. Ugh! He's going to be ages. I was bored I didn't know what to do. I scrolled mindlessly through my phone feeling Artoo jump up and rest on my chest. I kept looking through Instagram until something made me sit right up in my seat accidentally pushing Artoo off me. A photo of the action fighter loading screen on the ps3.

I scrolled to the next photo and it was of Din and Grogu holding up their controllers. I smiled. It was nice they were doing things together again. But before I knew it I was scrolling through all his photos, he didn't post often but when he did it was beautiful. I found a memorial post for his sister and the comments were... well...
'Got what she deserved.'
'Karma.'
'Yeah cause we're all soooo sad.'
'This is your fault.'

That one made me pause. His fault? I tried not to stress about it too much and continued scrolling through his Instagram finding old holiday pictures with him and his family.

I was knocked out of my trance when I heard a loud knock on my door. I jumped and had accidentally tapped my phone screen. SHIT. I had liked a post from 2012. Shit shit shit shit.
I quickly unliked opened the door and pulled Lando in before he could say anything.