Chapter 10- Relaxed

Luke's pov:

I was sat alone at work again bored. Everyone was still here, nothing had happened today so I could easily go over to one of them and talk to them but why would I do that? So I sat reading my book. I heard Han loudly complaining about having to work Christmas and how unfair it was to a group of our co workers. I didn't really know them though.

"Its just so unfair! The one Christmas I want off, I cant have off!" He groaned, he then turned to me, "Luke?"

I raised my head from my book, "Yeah?" I realised I sounded rude hut it was a bit too late now. Also he had distracted me from my book.

"Are you off Christmas?" He asked. I nodded, "Thats so unfair! You always get Christmas off and you never do anything on Christmas anyway! You just sit at home or something, alone. Can we swap its not like you have plans." I'm gonna kill Leia when I see her next. I know she told him that.

I did usually feel bad having Christmas off so much because i didn't do anything on it. But not this year. "I'll have you know I do have plans this Christmas." I said looking back at my book so I didn't have to look at him.

He leaned in to me and some of the other officers looked interested to. I guess it was a pretty well known thing that I was lonely, "Whoah! With someone? Has Luke Skywalker got someone round for Christmas?" He laughed.

I saw Lando make a b-line over to us, "You've got someone coming round for Christmas Luke? Do tell." He smirked.

"I never said I had someone. Its not a big deal or anything." I said while laughing through my panic.

Han laughed, "No no its defiantly someone. You don't laugh like that unless your nervous. I want answers now!" I shook my head, "I'll be informing Leia of this then."

"No!" I made everyone jump.

"Then spill." He said.

"Grogu's uncle. Din Djarin. He's coming round Christmas Eve because Grogu will be with his Nan and then will be gone by lunch on Christmas Day. Happy?" I looked down at my watch. "Oh how the time flies! My shifts ended. Good bye." Im so lucky. I sped off.

I grabbed my coat hat and scarf and instead of going home I made my way to the shops. I couldn't have Din over for Christmas and not get him a gift, thats just rude.

I browsed all the isles and nothing was really that great, I scanned everything and knew none of it was 'Din's present worthy'. Thats until I found it. A the last of us tshirt. It honestly felt like a sign. All the stuff in the mens isle was usually shit but this was perfect.

I may or may not of picked up two. Not to match or anything but because the design was really cool. I told myself that at least. I also picked up some fancy chocolates for him and a nice candle. You can never go wrong with a candle.

I also decided that it would be nice to maybe do a Christmas dinner for him for Christmas Eve. My cooking isn't great... but I'm sure YouTube can teach me something. He had mentioned that his mum didn't want him to go to the Christmas Eve dinner with Grogu which I can only assume related to the issue that it was 'his fault.' Which honestly still upsets me.

I got a mini turkey and some potatoes which I could roast and mash. I grabbed some broccoli, brussels sprouts and Yorkshire puddings to tie if all together. I would usually wait to buy all this stuff but I knew that it would sell out before Christmas and I didn't want Din to starve.

It was a little intimidating considering that he's a professional chef, I knew he was going to critique it but its the gesture that counts right?

All the food was a little out of my budget but I would of felt bad if he couldn't go to his family Christmas Eve dinner and then I served him up some microwavable card board to top it all off. Even if the food was a but shit it was better than that.

I payed for all the stuff and made my way home. Once I got home I put the food in the freezer and wrapped his gifts with the festive wrapping paper I had brought. Once it was wrapped I stuck the card to it and put it in the cupboard under the TV. I didn't have a Christmas tree so that was the second best place.

I fed Artoo and then sat on my sofa and started scrolling through my phone again. I was startled out of mg trance when I saw an Instagram notification, '@Din.Djarin267' has followed you. I immediately sat up in my chair clicking on the notification.

It took me straight to his profile where I saw a new post. Me. It was a photo of me the other night, while we were watching TV, asleep on his... chest. Did I really do that? Thats really embarrassing. The caption read, 'look at this cutie'. A blush rose to my cheeks.

Did he really have no clue when I was talking about what Grogu would think and then he pulls this shit? Cutie? Ew thats kind of gross actually. But sweet I guess. I liked his post and followed him back with a huge grin plastered on my face.

I the got another notification. This time from WhatsApp, 'So who's Din Djarin?'. Han Solo you fucking bastard.

I knew there was no point in arguing so I just called her instead, "Hey... Leia."

"Whose Din Djarin then?" She demanded.

"Oh no one. Just some uncle of a kid I deal with a lot at work." I nervously laughed.

"Bullshit! You inviting someone round for Christmas? It never happens. He must be special. Is he hot?" She asked.

"Leia! Im not answering that." Yes yes he is. Very.

"Ill find out myself then. He sounds like the type of of guy to have an Instagram." I could hear her smirk through the phone as she tapped away. If there is a God up there, he certainly isn't on my side. "Din Djarin two six seven. Is that him? Who am I kidding your not gonna answer I'm just gonna-" she stopped. She'd seen it. "Oh Luke. Lying on his chest really? The captions 'look at this cutie' are you two married."

I spat out my imaginary drink, "Most defiantly not! I was round his watching a show, I must of fell asleep. I don't remember doing that. And we aren't married." I said sarcastically.

"Ohh sure." I knew she rolled he eyes from the tone of her voice, "I can see why you went for him though, tall, hot, muscly." She laughed.

"Muscly?! How did you find that out?" I asked. I immediately took that back realising how creepy that sounded.

"I found a photo of him shirtless. Why want me to send it to you?" She laughed.

"No! No thank you!" I said quickly.

"Sure you don't. When you do get married though can I be your best 'man' or woman I guess. Everyone knows you don't have that many friends and you certainly wont want Han as your best man. Also before you get married I need to meet him. Since we don't have Dad I'll give him a blessing instead." She joked.

I panicked, "Alright thats enough. Im hanging up now. Love you Leia see you soon!"

"Ahem don't hang up on me Luke Skywal-" I hung up.

I lay down again and rested my phone on my chest. How was I meant to say that I'd been planning our wedding from the day we met and that was already decided.

1344 words

Leias an icon.