Chapter 8- Emotion

Luke's pov:

When I woke up I was lying on Din's sofa again and could smell sausages cooking and could hear sizzling from the pan. I lifted my head up weakly trying to look into the kitchen across from me. Din spotted me awake and smiled, "Breakfast is almost done! I'll bring it over to you in a second." He grinned. I think he must really like cooking but then I remembered the pancakes. Those awful burnt pancakes.

When the sizzling finally ceased he came over and handed me a plate with a sausage sandwich and sat next to me with him. He began eating but I hadn't yet. Instead I asked, "I thought you couldn't cook well."

He looked over at me and gawked dramatically, "How dare you you! Because of the pancakes? We had just got a new cooker installed and I didn't know how to use it all that well. I consider myself quite a good cook."

I took a bite into the sandwich and then nodded, "Yeah I can see why. Also weird question but like what do you do for a living? I mean," I looked around his house, "you live in a dam nice house."

"Im a chef at an elaborate restaurant. Five stars." He smiled. Well that wasn't what I expected but I can completely see it.

I raised an eyebrow, "Your a chef and couldn't figure out how to work a cooker?" I laughed.

He hit my arm, "Shut up. Im good with the food side of things just not the... technology side of it."

I laughed more, "God you never cease to entertain me."

"Glad I could be of service." He laughed.

We spent the morning chatting about the show we watched last night and eating sausage sandwiches which were so good. It is better than the microwave meals I'm used to. Although, microwaveable cottage pie is the best version of cottage pie in my opinion. Its just well... superior.

"Hey Din. Could I borrow a change of clothes?" I asked. I didn't know how long I was going to be here today and my trousers were becoming overly scratchy.

"Oh like the last clothes you 'borrowed' that I still haven't got back from you." He joked.

I rolled my eyes mockingly, "God give me a chance. Fix your attachment issues it has only been like two days." I said sarcastically.

"Two days too many." He corrected me, "Honestly, a police officer stealing never thought I'd live to see the day." He laughed.

I held my hands up, "Alright alright, I'll bring both pairs of clothes to you on Tuesday, freshly washed. Just for you Din." I patted his shoulder.

"Nah just keep em. They suit you more anyway. You suit anything to be fair though. You could pull off a bin bag." He said. Would he really let me keep them?

"Yeah sure I can, now can I borrow some clothes?"

~;~;~;~

I walked out the bathroom with one of Dins grey hoodies and a pair of straight blue jeans that I had to role up at the ankle because they were a little bit too long. "So how do I look?" I said gliding info the kitchen where Din stood.

He looked me up and down, smiled, then said "Stunning, defiantly keep those I look atrocious in them anyway. Would you care for some premium chef coffee?" He asked.

"That would be nice." I smiled. I felt a lot better than I did last night when I was an confused emotional train wreck.

As he made the coffee he talked to me, "Do you overthink Luke?" He asked gently.

"What?" I asked. He completely took me by surprise changing the subject to that. This question came out of the blue.

"Its just that last night you got very in your head about what you said. It sounded like you thought I hated you." He spoke softly and partially sadly as he poured the water.

"Well you would of had a valid reason to." I said leaning against the fridge.

"You need to stop thinking like that. Its bad for your mental health." He said handing me the coffee.

I shrugged, "I guess I've always been like it. Doubting my own words. I don't really mind though. Doesn't affect me too much."

"It does Luke." He said stepping closer to me, "Last night you started crying during your apology."

"Did I?" I asked. If I really did thats extremely embarrassing.

"You know I could never hate you right?" He asked softly. I felt myself get emotional. No one ever spoke to me like this ever. Truth though i didnt really have ant 'friends' outside of work. Or in work really, I just kind of tolerated them. I guess I have Lando and my sister.

I had been thinning about it too long and felt a tear trickle slowly down my cheek. Din moved closer taking the coffee out of my hand and putting on the side. He them just pulled me in and held me. I was shocked at first, my eyes wide open but I then relaxed into if closing my eyes and resting mg chin on his shoulder.

I only really experienced this level of physical intimacy when I was with Din. No one else. Its crazy how close we've grown in one month. He makes me feel safe and like someone out there does care for me. This hug brought so many waves of emotion over me but my favourites have to be comfort and happiness.

I think that sometimes there is a person you meet that you know you will have with you for the rest of your life straight away. For me, Din was that person. It was today that I realised I was in love with Din Djarin.

1002 words

Awww cute... for now. Joking. Or am I?

Also when did Luke learn Dins full name? I don't know but it sounded nice so I used it.