Chapter 11- Joy

Luke's pov:

It was finally Tuesday again meaning I would get to see Din and Grogu again. Tuesday had become my new favourite day out of the week now. I knocked on the door and Din answered with a smile, "Come in." I smiled back at him.

While we were still in the door way I handed him both pairs of clothes, "There both washed don't worry."

He smiled, "Thank you. I still think you should of kept them though." He joked, "They looked a lot more fashionable on you."

When I walked in I saw Grogu sitting on the sofa and once he came back from putting the clothes away I turned to Din, "I would like to talk to the both of you today." Din looked at me worried, "Nothing bad it just needs to be said to both of you." I smiled.

I sat down opposite Grogu and Din and laced my hands together, "Well. I've thought it over and I think... it would be best if I put in a request with the council to get Grogu a therapist." They both looked up at me, "Not that I don't love visiting you both, its the only thing that gets me out of the house, but theres only so much I can help you with Grogu" I sighed, "Im not trained in this and it was unprofessional of my team to make me do this even though im unqualified. Despite that I think you have defiantly improved and I hope you both think so to," I looked at Din and Grogu, "but I don't know if I can help anymore. I think it would be best to leave it with the professionals."

I hadn't really planned this but while I was walking here I thought about it and decided it was probably the best thing to do.

Grogu looked at me confused, "Would I not see you ever again?" He asked.

"No no of course not. Unless obviously thats what you want. I would still like to come round, if that's alright with you Din?" I looked up at him.

He smiled, "Of course, you're always welcome here. Im going to make some tea and grab some biscuits if you want some?" He offered.

"That would be nice, thank you." I smiled.

He got up and left and I heard the kettle click on. Grogu turned to me smirking, "So do you like my Uncle?"

"Yes he's a very good friend to me. Probably the only one I really have." I joked.

"Oh cut the shit. I mean do you like like him?" He asked. I pretended to look confused, "Oh come on, don't pretend like you didn't think I hadn't noticed. He's always smiling when your here, you wearing his clothes the other day. You also must of worn another pair of his clothes because you gave him two when you were in the doorway. And flirting in the doorway! And don't tell my uncle this but I have an Instagram and I've seen his post the other day. Cutie! You were lying on my uncle. Cuddling up to him!" He smirked and laughed.

I whispered so Din wouldn't here, "Its not like that and also-"

"What are you guys taking about?" Din said in the door way holding two mugs and a plate of biscuits with a smile.

"Nothing." Grogu said, "None for me?" He dramatically pouted.

"You don't like tea. You can have some of the biscuits." Din said.

Throughout the evening when we were talking Grogu kept giving me 'the look'. I was extremely embarrassed that he had figured all this out before Din had but then again Din is absolutely clueless about pretty much anything.

It was getting late and I was getting tired so I said, "I think im going to go back now. Ill see
You on Saturday Din." Grogu gave me the look again clearly he wasn't aware about our Christmas Eve plans.

"Oh hell no! Your not walking back in that snow. Come on get your shoes on Grogu, I'll drive you." He said and he stood up and grabbed his keys.

"Oh I hadn't noticed it, its no worries I don't mind. I don't want to be a burden I'll just walk back its no big deal." I smiled awkwardly slipping my shoes on.

"And let me let you get sick? No way. I'm not letting you have a cold on Christmas, one because thats gross and I'll have to be near you and two because its just sad. Come on." And they both walked out the door and I defencelessly followed.

When we were in the car Din was blasting Christmas music and him and Grogu were very loudly singing along to it. As Grogu sang Din turned to me, "Come on Luke! Join the fun."

I unwillingly started singing at first but then got a lot more into it very loudly singing the lyrics to last Christmas with them.

Happy Christmas, I wrapped it up and sent it
With a note saying "I love you", I meant it

Din turned to me on that lyric and sang it to me. Most likely not in a lovey way hut my god did I get butterflies.

Now I know what a fool I've been
But if you kissed me now, I know you'd fool me again

God this song is far too relatable. I remember my Aunt telling me about my parents wedding. It was a Christmas wedding because my father didn't like the heat and didn't want to get married on the beach. This was there first dance.

As I stared into Dins's eyes I felt hopelessly lost. I loved him so much and I knew that that love could never be reciprocated.

1037 words

Luke's in his completely and utterly delusional era.

I didnt intend for this fic to be a Christmas fix but I've got plans that you are not ready for. Well its actually a pretty basic idea tbf. I think im gonna finish it tonight. Im gonna power through it. Im already planning my next fic. Im typing at 300 miles an hour so sorry for any spelling mistakes.