Chapter 6- Get out, please.

Luke's pov:

Its crazy to me how ridiculously close I've gotten to Din within such a short amount of time. One month ago I didn't know his name and now he is speeding (in a car with me a police officer) so we can go find his newphew together. I guess this is friendship?

He was panic rambling and asking me if I was going to report it.

"I will only report it if it makes him a high security prisoner. Im pretty sure he hasn't murdered anyone or robbed a bank at gunpoint so I think we are fine." I laughed trying to lighten the mood.

"But what if he has?" Din panicked. He quickly pulled up on the side of the road, "We're here."

We both got out the car and I followed him wherever he was going, "Where are we going?" I asked.

"To the park." He said while lightly jogging, "I took him to this park all the time and whenever he was upset we would go there. I have a strong feeling he's there."

Soon we reached the park and we both started calling out for him. We paced around the park in panic for five minutes until I heard muffled sobs. "Din! Come over here!" I yelled. He quickly rushed over to me. I whispered, "He's in the metal tunnel." And Din nodded.

His tone softened as he tried to speak to Grogu, "Grogu can you come out? We just want to talk to you and make sure your safe."

"No!" He said. And I heard clanging in the metal tunnel as the shadow inside it moved onto its side.

Din turned to me tears threatening to break, he shrugged his shoulders gestured to the park equipment and put his head in his hands.

"Grogu? Can I speak to you? Its me, Luke." I said mirroring the calm tone that Din had used.

"I, no I don't want..." he paused, "fine." He said through tears. I felt awful for this kid and I didn't even know what happened.

I moved around the playground to get to the opening to the tunnel so he could see me and we could talk privately. I presumed from earlier he didn't want his Uncle to hear any of this.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Is it true?" He said crying.

"Is what true?" I tried to ask gently.

"That its my Uncles fault." He started bawling. Oh.

"Where did you hear that?" I tried to get a bit more background information.

"A neighbour came round to the house to talk to Nan about Christmas dinner. They got onto the subject of my Mum and then he said that it was my uncles fault for not saving her." He cried more.

"I don't think thats true Grogu." I said. His head perked up a little bit out of relief, "I know your Uncle, he is one of the kindest most caring and sweetest person on this planet. I think you know that whatever he could of done to save tour mother he would of done. Don't listen to neighbours, they are all nosey middle aged people who don't know what to do with their lives." I joked trying to lighten the mood.

He laughed and thank god because otherwise that would of been extremely awkward.

"Why don't you get out of this tunnel and you can go and give your a Uncle a hug or not if you don't want to. And we can figure everything else out from there. What do you say?" I suggested.

"Yeah." He said while wiping his eyes.

He slowly crawled out of the tunnel and made his way over to Din looking down at the floor. Din looked up at me and smiled in relief. I smiled back.

Din smiled embracing Grogu then saying, "Okay we should get you back to Nan before she worries her head off. Are you still aright staying there tonight?" Grogu nodded into Dins chest, "Thats good," he said softly, "she really enter to see you. Well lets get in the car and drive back then shall we." He turned to Grogu, "you can talk to me about anything if you need to. Or Luke. Or we can find you someone else if you want, just don't keep your emotions bottled up again." He pulled Grogu in once more.

We walked back in silence and I felt like the odd one out so I did not attempt to break the silence. But Grogu did. "Luke, why are you wearing Uncle Dins clothes?" He asked.

I looked down confused, sure enough these clothes were not my own. He must of changed them while I was passed out, "Umm well its a long story." I said shutting down the conversation.

"Mhmm." Grogu said suspicious but we continued walking. Why does this kid have to be so observant.

Time skip brought to you by tumblr art work
~;~;~;~

Grogu was back with his Nan now and me and Din were driving back to his house at a normal law abiding speed. I couldn't stop thinking about what Grogu said earlier and the comment on his Instagram. I worked up the courage.

"Usually I wouldn't tell you what Grogu said to me if he didn't want me to. But I feel that this is extremely important." I said. Din sat up not removing his eyes from the road, "He mentioned that a neighbour said that it was..." I panicked. Should I really say this. Yes if they want to heal they have to be open, "your fault. I don't think it was but could you explain. No pressure to of course I know I am being very intrusive."

I saw him tense up and his eyes started watering, "Oh look we're near your house now. Ill just drop you off here."

I looked outside and had no idea where we were, "But this isn't-"

"Get out, please." He said avoiding eye contact with me. I knew he wasn't trying to be rude and I know its because I pushed so i didn't argue anymore.

"Im sorry. Ill go, I'll see you on Tuesday." And with that I got out of the car and he sped off.

I made a mental note to never mention that again unless he brought it up. I don't know how id been so stupid, his sisters just died people are saying its his fault and im prying? I felt a tear run down my cheek knowing any chance of friendship I had with him was erased.

1123 words

I slept for eighteen hours today because I've been staying up all night working on chapters and coming up with ideas for this story 😭