𝑼𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝑽𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒐𝒓

𝑷𝒐𝒗: 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒆 𝑩𝒂𝒃𝒚

*Conrad dials his phone, anxiously walking back and forth*

*voicemail*

"Hey Jere. It's been about.. 8 hours from the time we agreed to meet at the summer house...Just call me when you get this." he says, with a heavy sigh.

Jeremiah and I haven't been in much contact since...that night. We only say our occasional hello's when we see each other once in a while, but that's it. But we have always agreed that no matter what was to happen, we would meet up at this exact location, Cousins beach, last one to get here having to pay for dinner.

And I believed we stuck to that plan. But 5 calls and 8 messages later, here I am.

Shit. I never wanted it to be this way. She would've never wanted it to be this way.

I dial again, in hopes that this time he will respond.

*voicemail*

"Hey Jere. It's me again. I-"

*doorbell rings*

I sigh in relief.

Maybe it doesn't have to be that way.

Maybe this will all work out in the end.

But when I open the door, instead of seeing Jere, I see a girl.

She has two luggages behind her and she looks like she has just been through hell and back.

"Hello. Who are you.."

"Hey, I'm Olivia the..."

She speaks but all I can hear is the loud ass rain and wind chaos that is occuring behind her.

"Huh" I say, getting closer to her.

"I am your tenant...Olivia"

"My what?"

"The person who brought the room and is renting it, the renter...whatever the hell you call it." she says, while rummaging through her pockets.

She then shows me some messages and then points at them.

"Olivia."

"I don't know what you're talking about.."

She sighs heavily and places her hands above her head.

"I paid around 3,000 dollars to stay here for the summer. I paid, you told me to get here and that you will give me the key to the room. You also said that I will be able to get to my room immediately. But instead I am in a literal storm, drenched and..."

"Okay, you look very lost. You are Jeremiah..um Fisher. Right?" she says.

Jeremiah? What does Jeremiah have to do with any of this?

"No, that will be my brother. But I am still not quite understanding this. Renting? We aren't renting.."

"Well your brother rented me a room in this house for 3 months, I paid ahead. I was given guaranteed access to it as soon as I got here. I am sorry that you don't know about this, but it is literally pouring and all I want it to go.."

I hear my phone start to ring from my pocket. I pick it up and it reads Jeremiah on it.

"Hello" I hear him say from the other line.

"Jere... there is a girl at our door saying that she is renting a room. Do you know what in the world she is talking about?"

I hear him sigh from the other line and then there's a long pause.