𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖

🎶𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈: 𝒎𝒊𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒓𝒃𝒂𝒍𝒍🎶

Conrad POV:

I find myself bored out of my mind waiting for Olivia to come back to the house from wherever she had gone to. And to be honest, I feel kind of pathetic while doing it.

What do you mean I have a functioning car, a nice pool outside, a beach less than 1 mile away and I am sitting here, waiting for her to come home.

I am quite pathetic aren't I.

"We are going to the beach. You want to come with us?" Belly asks me as she places some sandals on.

"Yeah man. You should come, we haven't hung out that much this past week," Jeremiah says as he opens the door.

"Uhh...I can't today man. I got to... do some work for someone. Maybe another day,"

They nod and say their goodbyes as they head out.

I see the book that I have originally given to Olivia and pick it up.

This can't be that bad.

Minutes went by, an hour, two hours, and I found myself hooked on the book. The book isn't as explicit as you would think it is.

Shit, I am even shedding a tear.

"Am I interrupting something...?" I hear someone say from across the room.

I quickly sit up and see Olivia standing at the dorm frame looking at me. On the couch, with pj's on, crying. I quickling wiped my tears and place the book down.

"So, you're into that stuff heh," she says with a teasing grin as she pours herself a cup of coffee.

I laugh and walk towards the counter.

"I mean, it's kind of good,"

"Kind of," she says, while pointing at my eyes.

I nod and grab the coffee from her hand.

"It's fucking phenominal,"

She laughs and sits on the chair.

"So...what you do today," I say, trying to sound casual. Hoping she doesn't think I'm some fucking weirdo wanting to know what she has been doing.

"Sending a letter to my college again. I'm trying to get a full ride and they don't make that shit easy," she says, while placing her head into her hands and sighing.

"I could really use a delicious piece of chocolate cake right now and devour it,"

"I'm sure you'll be fine. You bedroom looks like a fucking library. You are the smartest girl I know. If they don't pick you, i will tell them how stupid of them that would be,"

"Technically they did pick me. I just want them to pay now,"

"Well if they don't pay, I'll rob the bank and give you it all in cash,"

"Really," she says with a chuckle.

She walks my way and grabs the mug of my hands.

"Since when did you become so nice," she says as she walks away.

I look at her as she prepares her cup of coffee, looking at her hair and realizing how pretty it looks in the sunlight.

"You'll be fine. I'll kick their asses if they reject it,"

She gives me a smile as she sips her coffee.

"What's up," I hear someone say as they open the backyard door.

I look over and see Elina with a big cup of slurpee and chips in her other hand.

"What are you-"

"I invited them over."

"Them?"

"Tae is right outside waiting for me, so I'll get going," she says while grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge and heading outside.

"So you don't like her huh?" Elina says as she sits on the counter.

"What?"

"Come on dude. All she was doing was walking away and you would looking at her as if she is the most beautiful woman in the world and you wanted to wife her up,"

I give her a stern look as I take out some flour and sugar.

"Keep lying to yourself then..."

I take out some eggs and milk and place them onto the counter.

"What are you even doing?"

"Cake,"

"Conrad Fisher is baking?" she says, as she looks at all of the ingredients.

I nod as I place the flour into the mixer.

"Alright have fun,"

As she closes the door I realize that I have no idea what I am doing. The recipe is right there, but it is not making sense. Nothing is piecing together.

As I add the eggs to the flour I realize that it says mix dry ingredients first.

Shit.

I throw that batch away and start a new one. Flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar, salt.

"Slow down man," I holler at the phone as the expert baker is going 10 times faster than what I take to only crack an egg.

"Place vanilla, but this is a damn chocolate cake,"

I don't think I have ever been angry at food before, until today.

As I finish the batter, and hear the person say to not try raw batter, I take a small taste just to see if it's alright.

It tastes decent.

I shall place it into the oven and hope for the best.

I sit on the counter and spend the next 30 minutes watching as the cake rises bit by bit.

Come out good. Come out good. Come out good.

I say as i grab a small piece of the cake and eat it.

Immediately after, I spit it out into the trash can and give the cake a death glare.

"You taste like shit."

I must have placed too much salt.

As I go to grab the flour again, I look outside towards the pool area and see Olivia sitting on the chair, giggling. Sitting inches away from her is Tae, also laughing as he places his hand on her knee and whispers into her ear.

What am I doing?

Am I really fucking baking this shitty ass cake for her while she's outside getting herself a man?

I look at them for a couple of more seconds, looking at how perfect they look together. Looking at how much he makes her laugh, and how her face lightens up whenever she looks at him.

I can't help but feel a bit stupid, pathetic, dumb and like a total idiot.

I looked at the cake I had just baked for her without a second thought, even though I had never touched a single cake pan in my life.

What am I fucking doing?

______

𝑳𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒅𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕. 

𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒅𝒌. 𝑰 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒕.

 𝑨𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕. 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 !!!