CHAPTER 26

FRIXIE'S P.O.V

“All students proceed to the main hall. I repeat all students proceed to the main hall,”

The mellow music from the ball was replaced by a siren followed by the voice on the speaker instructing all the students to go to the main hall.

That was the scene after we encountered Yahlie on the hallway. I'm both stunned and confused because she is alive. Not that I don't want to see her alive but seeing her skillfully manipulate that dagger on her hand and the way she threw punches and kicks on Toshiro, no I don't want to see her like that.

After that we went back to the ball and tried to tell to the Eximious what happened. But we saw that everyone's busy watching a video clip playing on the monitor.

I saw Osiris talking to someone and based on his face I think he is not enjoying the night.

“Frix,” Toshiro called but I was occupied with the video.

Because there I saw a set of pictures flashing on the screen. The voice of a girl is playing on the background.

“Oh my gosh!” My hand flew to mouth when I saw what those pictures are.

“Hindi ba kayo nagtataka kung bakit nawawalan kayo ng classmates or kakilala bigla bigla? What did they tell you? Nag transfer? Or just like us they feed you with their lies,”

“Harper..."

Nausal ko nang makita ang kawawang mukha ni Harper. Biglang bumalik sa isip ko yung araw na natagpuan namin siya sa prairie na wala ng buhay.

“Can somebody move and turn off that fucking monitor?!” I heard Toshiro's voice behind my back, probably scolding someone.

“Ang akala niyong eskwelahan ay impyerno at ang limang taong hinahangaan niyo ay mga demonyo!”

Iyon ang huling sinabi ng babae na nakatago sa dilim bago nawala ang video dahil sa arrow na tumama at bumasag sa monitor.

And then we saw Cahaya walking towards the stage. The students were too stunned to make any noise.

“Well hi everyone! The show is over. Now use your ears and pay attention to the announcement,” Cahaya said as she speak on the microphone.

“Frixie let's go.” Toshiro held my elbow but I refused.

Saka pa lang bumalik sa ulirat ang mga estudyante at nagsimulang sumigaw ang ilan dahil sa takot. Lalo pa nang palibutan ang venue ng mga nakaitim na mga tao. Ninjas, iyon ang natatandaan kong tawag sa kanila.

“Frixie let's go,” this time Toshiro tighten the grip on me.

“What's happening?”

“Let's just go don't be stubborn.”

He guided me out of the crowd. The way he held my hand has no sign of letting go.

“Yes. I will just send Frixie in the camp and I will-

I cut him off.

“No. Hindi ako aalis dito Toshiro, I want to see what will happen. I want to understand what is happening.” Binawi ko ang kamay ko.

“Mother f*cker!” he said on the phone before he ended the call.

Nilingon niya ako na parang napuputol na ang pisi ng pasensiya niya.

“Hindi ka pwede rito Frixie. Makinig ka because this is for your safety,”

“No. Pupunta ako sa main hall at maghihintay ng instructions ninyo. Unless you don't want me to see what will you do to them,” hamon ko.

“Fine. Let's go to the main hall then,”

And by that I found myself going to the main hall. Nang ang lahat ng mga estudyante ay nasa main hall na ay bigla na lamang nagsara ang mga pinto at pumalibot ang mga nakakulay itim na mga tao.

Nasa gitna sina Osiris, Cahaya at Toshiro. Hanggang ngayon ay hindi namin alam kung nasaan si Clovis samantalang si Keane naman ay hindi ko makita rito.

Nakita ko na may lumapit sa kanila na nakasuot ng kulay pula. Mukhang iyon ang leader ng mga ninjas.

Ilang sandali pa ay nakita kong ang magulong mga estudyante ay bigla na lang pumila ng maayos na para bang mayroong kumokontrol sa kanila.

Hinanap ng mga mata ko si Toshiro at natagpuan siyang tumatakbo palapit sa akin.

Iyon ang huli kong nakita bago ako nawalan ng malay sa nangyayari sa paligid ko.