Chapter 9 - Good Riddance

Song: Take a Bow - Rihanna

~ Lydia ~

Walking out the door with a smile across my face makes me feel fuzzy inside. A notification from my phone went off. It turns out that there's a fight night. I felt so jumpy but wondered if I should tell Jacob. He probably wouldn't let me go or even out of his sight. I went back to him anyways,"Maybe if I say overnight babysitting, he won't suspect a thing." I mumbled and made my mind, I'm going. I tried to conceal my smile but my cheeks are aching.

"Start what...Everything you need..."

I poked my head in the classroom and see someone all over Jacob. I just stood there, looking at him. Just looking at them felt like my heart was stepped on. I held back my tears and turn them into hatred, I wanted to walk over there and punch the life out of him. I took a step back, which made the floor creek.

"Cover blown." I thought.

"Lydia, this is not..she's..." He stuttered as the stranger smirked at him.

I shook my head and took off. I ran as fast to my car and off the campus. My vision was blurred from tears. I felt so angry and I felt like a fool.

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!" I said while hitting the steering wheel. I kept driving till there were no more buildings in sight and ahead was just a factory. It's been abandon for years. My phone kept going off, nonstop. It was Jacob.

"How did he get my number?" I wondered but no matter, I threw my phone in the back seat and drove in front of the factory entrance. I blocked him out and walked in. "Son of a bitch...*scoffs* Good riddance."

~ Jacob ~

"What have I done?" I mumbled. I pushed Anne off and ran after her and to see she that she was already gone. I speed dialed her.

OK, after sex, she was sleeping and I managed to put my number in and ended getting her's in return. I know, I know....pretty sly, right?

"Fuck...Lydia, please....pick up..." My voice started to crack. I felt like such an idiot. I raised my temper at Anne which made her back away, grabbed my stuff, and raced to my car. I probably drove the entire city, looking for her. My chest started getting tight. It's so dark out and who knows what can happen to her. Thinking back at the parking lot, she does have skill, unbelievable to be exact but seeing her in blood that one time, made my heart ache. I went back to the apartment to see if she was there, should've been the first place I looked. In disappointment, she wasn't there. Since, it was the weekend, who knows how long she'd be gone. I want to find her but she never once opened up to me.

"So frustrating!" I yelled in the car, rummaging through my hair. I dreaded up to my room and slid down my living room wall. I turn to my phone, calling her again. She still putting me in voicemail. I threw my phone on the couch. Covered my face in frustration, I feel like I wanted to...cry.

When I thought I lost her, I hear thuds on the other side of the walls. I rushed out thinking it was her but it was the drunk neighbors from upstairs. I sighed in disappointment.

"Lydia....where are you?"

~ ~ ~> OK, just building things up a little. Still coming up with some major conflicts. Hopefully tomorrow.