Chapter 30 - Hang on

~ Jacob ~

We drove up to Chase's house. I look on my phone on my GPS and the guy in the back was looking through Chase's files. Shaking is head, basically one of those 'This N*gga' moments.

Guy 1: "How much further?"

"Just around the corner." I pointed at this this house only to see one of the windows was busted and there was a chair outside. We got out and ran in to the house. Everything was picked clean. We separated and I headed upstairs. All the rooms were empty except for 2. One was the busted window and the other was just a couch.

"Lydia was probably in one of these rooms."

I went to the room with the busted window and see some scrapes on the floor from the bed. One of the bed posts had a rope around it. Immediately, I thought of her tied up like this. Struggling to be free and then an image of him on top of her. I punched a hole on the door which alerted the guys to come up.

Guy 1: "Hey, you find..." They looked at the bed and we stayed silent.

Guy 2: "We can't be for sure that...I mean, she's tough. It would take a while for him to...actually get between..."

Guy 1: "Not helping dip-shit."

I went to the other room. "That little shit had this room." We looked around even though there wasn't even much.

Guy 2: "Hey...ya'll might wanna look at this this." He walked in and we followed. Guy 1 turned on a flip switch and all over the walls.....her face and body from every angle were plastered on the walls, hanged, and some all over the floor. There some of me in those picture but with red sharpie over my face. Pictures of out place, school, classroom, market, park....this guy. I turned around and they were looking at a photo and looked at me.

"Let me see."

They looked at each other, Guy 2 left the room. Guy 1 let out a deep breath. I grabbed the photo and I felt even more angry. I was gonna go ape shit. His hand on fer face while she was sleeping.

"He was in her room. In. Her. ROOM!" I shredded the photo and guy 2 came back with gas tanks and some butane cans. We drenched the whole house in gas. I threw the butane cans in the room. We went outside and see an old lady watering her flowers.

Guy 1: "Wait. Hold up." He walked up to her, showing a photo. She nodded her head and did some hand movements as if she was describing the event.

Old Lady: "I didn't know what to do. If I were to call the police, they would take forever to get here and anything can happen. He was very quiet. Rarely goes anywhere on the weekends but every time he does leave, he won't come back till I'm done with my stories....very late at night."

Guy 1: "Did you see anything else?"

Old Lady: "He had a white can with bars on the back windows. Plain white."

Guy 1: "Do you know the license plate?"

She thought bout it and started to tap her head. "Something V...H..76..either 5G or 5C. I only saw it once."

Guy 1: "Thank you." He came back and we got back in the car.

"Well?" Trying the sustain my anger, guy 2 hand was patting my shoulder.

Guy 1: "Plain white van. VH76...either 5G or 5C."

Guy 2: "Hey, call Boss."

"Who?"

~

~

We drove up and walked in the bar.

Bar Guy: "Oh...Shit. I told you to turn that cheek." I smiled.

Guy 2: "Calm down, he's cool." We walked to the back and there was a vault like door. The bar guy opened it and in we went. We walked in on them playing poker. They all stopped at looked at us. Guy 1 and 2 went to go sit down, leaving to stand like an idiot in the middle if the room. I just stood there while they were talking over me. Getting glares here and there.

Boss: "How...do you know my little sister?"

My heart stopped for a second, I snapped back to reality. "S...Sister?"

Boss: "How. Do. You. Know. HER! Hurry up and answer!"

I jumped and slid my hands in my pockets. 'Shit....too intimidating.' "She was the person I wanted to....well." I brought out this box from my pocket and a few murmurs here and there. The cigar dropped from his mouth and shot up from his seat.

"Everyone! Out!" They scattered like roaches and it was just us. 'Up close, he's hella big.' "Alright, I've heard the situation. Now, answer me this. Why should I give you my little sister?"

Saying "I love her" won't be enough. "This might sound crazy but she's been acting like there's no one there for her, always pushing me away when I get closer, going off and not telling me.....I just wanna be there for her. I almost lost her....I'm not gonna lose her again."

A light tap of his cigar and walked off to another door. 'Seriously, what's with the doors.' I slowly followed him and stopped as he gave me a glare. "If I hand her to you, if I hand you her life, her "being"....you must swear that whatever happens.." He stepped closer and closer. "Don't. Let. Her. Go." I gave a nod, hands getting sweaty. "Whatever happens to me....watch over her. She's all I have left. She may not think she needs you...trust me, she does."

He brushed pass me and grabbed a remote. One click and the whole town was at his fingertips. "I've been watching her even though she thinks that she can handle herself, and you...." I looked at him, hiding my embarrassment. "Not. I've given you guys your.....privacy." He then turned on another big screen. "I know she has a phone. Plug in her number." His demand made me not question.

~ Click.

~ Click.

"location, processing....."

"It says that it's processing."

"Good. Gear up. 5 minutes." He pointed at this large table in another room. I'm just a teacher. I have a many more years t o live for and someone to spend it with. Never thought loving someone as strings attached. Doesn't matter anymore, there's no turning back now. Grabbed anything that's quick to grab, throw, and reload. I come running out from loud beeping sounds. "Found her. She's on the move."

Feeling relief but still....

"I'm coming....hang on."

~

~

~

OK. Sorry for this long ass update. Having a bit of writer's block and issues rising on top of that. I feel this is gonna be my longest story yet.