Chapter 23 - Feeling Off

- Winter Break -

~ Jacob ~

It's been a few months now since then. My love for her is bliss. I'm so happy that she's in my life. Everyday has been the same. Lecture, stare at her, quiz, stare at her, class breaks, stare at her, tests, stare at her. I felt like a little kid, butterflies in my stomach. It's been 6 months, I wan to do something. Something special. I gave the class a group assignment based on the assign chapters they have. Their occupied, I look on my laptop for jewelry. Since day 1, I've noticed that she was wearing jewelry for fashion but nothing looked meaningful.

Muttering to myself, "Necklaces....hmm, it's gonna get tangled in her hair." I scrolled down. I kept scrolling till something caught my eye. "Silver Wings? Left: Is what you give her. Right: Is what you hold...forever." I smiled and reserved for custom design. " - Insert name- "

"Mr. Pann? Why are you smiling?" I look up and the class bimbo and her groupie smirked at me. The class was waiting for my answer. I look at her, her chin resting in her hand. She cocked an eyebrow at me. I gave a nervous smile.

"It's nothing...some funny email from the other teachers on...." I look at her, lost in words from her beautiful eyes. "....about your final exams. You guys better study hard." A unison of the class groaned, I gave Lydia a smile.

I texted her:

"See me during lunch. ;)"

We made eye contact and she nervously looks away. I would go up and kiss her....if she wasn't my student.

~ Lydia ~

"See me during lunch. ;)"

I smiled at him and look ed down. 'What's he thinking?'

~ ~ ~ Lunch

"Hey Lydia, we're going to In & Out. You should come." She nudge to my side. "Taylor has a thing for you since you drop kick that Bimbo." I rolled my eyes at here but she dragged me by my arm. I see Jacob signaling me to come over but she end up dragging me to her little lunch group. His face grew concerned. I face her little group, giving me their smiles. "Hey! Ya'll already know who this is. This sexy bad-ass." I let out a nervous laugh, Taylor laughed with me but when I looked at him, he started to blush. It's cute but....he came too late.

"Hi, I..I'm Taylor." He rub the back of his neck. For a jock, he looks appealing. I pull out my phone just to see a reflecting of Jacob fro behind. No smiles but his brow kinda furrowed...I think. "Hey Taylor. Wow, you're...taller up close." 'And gorgeous...snap out!'

"Yea, grew 2 inches over the summer. Runs in the family." We both end up laughing. That got Jacob's attention. I felt a buzz.

"I'm waiting."

"It's nice to meet you but...I can't."

She gave me a 'WTF' look, "Why not?"

"I have to finish a research paper by today. Procrastination...it hits me." Taylor pouts. "Maybe...next time." They all said their oks and Taylor gave me a hug. It felt long and warm, like Jacobs. 'Oh, shit...oops.' "OK, see ya later."

I turned around and Jacob started to walk back to his class room, I followed. I walked in and stood in front of his desk. "You wanted to see me." I look at him, with my hands in my pockets. He just stare at me. "Hello?" He got up and pulled me close.

"I...-sighs-I'm glad you didn't go with them."

I smiled, "Them as in T.." He planted a kiss, rubs up and down my back.

"I love you Lydia."

"I love you."

He then grabbed my hand and wrapped a neon paper bracelet around. "There's gonna be a pep rally for the football game and the winter dance. This will be a pass for an excuse...if you want to come back." I launched a kiss at him, he's happy.

"OK, gotta go. You're gonna make me late." He held tighter, he then nibbled on my neck. "Stop...that..t..tickles.." He handed me a pass and kissed me out the door.

~ Jacob ~

'I'm such a jealous boyfriend.' I slipped on a bracelet. I hoped that she'd come here instead of the pep rally. I felt my heart flutter when she kissed me. I could kiss her all day if I wanted to.

~ ~ ~ Pep Rally

~ Lydia ~

Got to miss 6-7 period. I walked toward Jacob's room. I avoided running into anyone, especially Taylor. He cute but...I want a man. I stopped in the middle of the hallway, could've sworn I heard footsteps. It went quiet...too quiet. I hurried to his room. I turned the corner, I look up at the convex mirror. I see a dark figure, standing at the far left corner. I back up to see from another angle, the figure dashed off. I turn around and see no one there. I ran to his room, out of breath.

"Wow...did you run a marathon?" He came up to me and kissed me. "I'm not going anywhere you know." His smile gave me relief.

"It's just..." I pointed behind me, he looked at me with a concern look.

"What's wrong?"

"I think my eyes are playing with me...idk....I saw a dark figure an the way here. Like it just..stood there and ran...off." Catching my breath.

"Stay here till school's out. I'll tell your 8th period teacher that I need you to make up a test." He kissed my forehead and went to his desk.

My shoulders started to shake. "Idk Jacob, I feel....like I'm being...

I walk to the window, looking at the football field and there he is....in his black hoodie, waving. My stomach sank.

"...watched."

~

~

~

OK sorry if this is short, still working out the plot line here. Been only running 4 hours of sleep. People out there that can run longer than that, I ENVY YOU! Check for the next update and COMMENT AWAY!