Chapter 24 - Stay Away

Chase above.

~ Jacob ~

She hesitated, I walk to her. I placed my hand on her shoulder, she jerked a bit but still focused outside. I look out there with her and see a dark figure. I was a little blurry but I was for sure that there was a dark figure. I didn't feel right so I nudged her back away from the windows. I held her face and gave her a deep kiss.

"Lydia...Baby. Stop, I'm right here." I pulled her in and held her, her arms still crossed. "He's not coming back." She then backed up, shifting her body away. I felt bad vibes, I hated when she does this. I pulled her back in and held her tight.

" I gotta go. I need to head down to post office to pick up a package." She smiled and slipped put of my arms, her warmth slipped away which I already miss.

"Wait, let me come with you. I'm almost done here." I grabbed her hand and smiled at her, hoping that she got the message. Again, she slipped away and waved goodbye.

"It's OK, I'll be home in a bit."

The bad vibes came back, I didn't like it one bit. I hate it when people going through my privacy but I can't help that she's "going out' on her own. I tailed after her and she went past the post office. 'Maybe her package is at a different place.' I continued to follow her and she missed at least 2 more post offices. I got irritated and thinking that she's lying to me. I know she wants to handle things on her own, living on her own after this long but I'm here....I want her to lean on me. I want her to reach out to me, I want that "wanted" feeling. She then pulled in to a shady looking pub. 'Is she stressed out that she can't talk to me?' The bouncer greeted her as if they know each other and walked in. I got my jacket, ruffled my hair a bit, took off my tie, and unbuttoned 2 buttons. 'Here I go.' I walked up to the bouncer and sounded like a monotone hipster.

"Dude, I just want a drink OK. Funeral yesterday and a break-up today." I ran my finger through my hair and he then nodded signaling for me to go in. I pat his shoulder and in I went. I smell hookah, weed, cigarettes, beer, and the smell of old books. I held my breath but ordered some Jack Daniels but look less suspicious. I look behind the bartender where there is a mirror. She sat across this tatted up guy, they laughed and it slowly fades. Some other guy came out of no where and pointed his thumb up.

Tatted Guy: ".....since that's out of the way, how's sch...Ay G."

Other Guy: "Hey. Oh shit...Lydia? How long has it been?" He then embraced her with a hug but kept his arm around her.

"4...5 years. Dude, Idk.....too long. How's the fam?"

Other Guy: "Good. Hey, since your here....Big Boy has gotta see ya. Like..now girl."

Tatted Guy: "Oh yea....it's been a while, let's go."

They all got up, walking in my direction. I kept my head down and my drink on my lips. I followed her till she disappeared past the back kitchen doors. I leaned back up and prepared to reach for my wallet.

"You know...she may be sexy but she dangerous." I looked up and see this other bartender with a eye patch, and damn....he's old as f'.

I acted like I didn't know what was going on but he figured me out. "Look, it's best to turn your cheek if you know what's good for ya." I then strolled off. Sexy, he was right. Dangerous, I already knew that. "What's good for me", she is good for me as I am for her. I got up and was about to head out the door till he came in. 'That little fucker.' He came in with a tight v neck shirt, hoodie jacket, and what now seems to have an eyebrow piercing. He came my way, I turned my back and he sat at a different table, his body facing toward the kitchen door but occupied on his phone. I hear the door open and I see her walk out, not looking ahead. She turns to go straight for the door, his head was about to turn back but I got up and blocked his view. His eyes grew wide, turned around and got up. I gripped on his shoulder, pushing his little ass down.

"Hey. Chase. How's your face?"

He scoffed at me. "Since you left your mark on me, here's a trophy." He pointed at the piercing. I wanted to rip it off and bash his face again. He's on service and 3rd partied out.

"Aren't you a little too young to drink?"

"Aren't you too old to be dating a minor?" I scoffed at his comeback.

"She's already the legal age and face it, she wants a man. Not a child."

He shot up with rage in his eyes. "You wanna go!"

"Oh...I thought you were a "man, starting fights? Sit down and finish playing whatever it is on your phone." I leaned in and gripped his shoulder hard. "If I ever see you around her, you're gonna wish you haven't." He tried to get back up but I dug my fingers in his shoulder. "Keep dreaming...Keep dreaming, you're never gonna tap that cuz I already did so Stay. The. Fuck. Away." I can feel the rage building up in him and walked out.

It's not over...for sure.

I'm gonna do it.

I can't wait any longer. I drove home, assuming that she's there but turns out not. I call her and the 4th call, she finally picks up. "Sorry, put my phone on vibrate when I drive."

"Come home. I wanna show you something." I smiled, kinda excited and kinda scared but excited.

"OK, I'll be home in 15 minutes. We need to talk."

"OK, hurry home." The 'we need to talk' speech, the first thing came to mind was a break up. Not always right? I drove out to the jewelry store to pick up our gift. I drove back, pacing back up to her room. I paced back and forth like crazy, getting my lines rights. Turing down the A/C. I look at the clock and hear footsteps. I stand in front of her door, anxious whether to open the door already or not. I feel like a little boy....so childish. I ran to her room and placed the box in her bed. I hear the door open and closed. I ran out and my smile....came with my hand on his throat.

"Now you're just asking to die."

~

~

~

WHHOOO!!!!!!!!!! Shit, my heart is pounding like crazy fro re-reading this. What's gonna happen next?

- > Are they gonna rumble?

- > Will she get the gift?

- > Can she manage to stop their feud for her?

- > What will become of Lydia and Jacob?

- > What's Chase gonna do after he find out about the box?