Chapter 29 - Don't hate me....

~ Lydia ~

I leave Chase with the phone but still leaned against the other side of the door. His voice was a little muffly but all I heard was that, "...she won't remember you...mine...hurry with that file...." Then the phone clicked. I slowly backed away and walked to the living room. 'Was there something I wasn't suppose to remember?' 

"Hey...You ready?" I turned around and faked a smile.

"Yeah. I feel...what's today?"

"Umm...Wednesday."

An image popped in my head and I covered my mouth, "OH...I remember, I have school."

He then walked up to me and grabbed my arms, "No! You can't go!"

Scared from that sudden approach, I shoved him away, "What why?"

"He's there...he works there. You can't go...I can't watch him rape you with his eyes like that. The way he walks up against you, I wanted to punch him for that." She then holds face, I was calm. "...please, it's dangerous. I know your friends are there but your life right now is important to me."

I looked down, " What was I not suppose to remember?" He froze and looked at me. "Please....no secrets." He held me, feeling conflicted himself.

"OK...it was him on the phone. He's on to you."

"Jacob? The guy that claims to be my boyfriend?"

"..but, I'm your boyfriend. Don't you...love me?"

From then and there, I drew a blank. I couldn't respond. Right when I was going to hug him, but he then dragged me back into the room and pushed me in there.

"Wait....chase! What are you doing?" I then hear the door click.

"You still love him...over me...after all he did to you!"

"Wait. So...he was my boyfriend? What's going on?"

"SHUT UP! You're not going back to him! You're mine!"

I was so confused that I cried. I hear steps coming back, I took the chair and blocked the door. "Lydia! Open the door!"

I kept crying and hid behind the bed. "You lied! You...took me!" Flashes of Jacob started to come back up to the night I was shot. "How...could..."

"Lydia..baby, open the door. I'm sorry, please."

"Don't you "baby" me! I remember now! It wasn't him...it was you!"

"NO! You're wrong!" He then starts slamming his body to the door, making the chair shake. "Lydia...I love you!"

I then ran to the window and start hitting it with anything that I could get my hands on. "You're sick...fucking sick!" The window busted open and I got ready to jump.

"Don't you dare! I'll find you!"

I held my wound and then positioned myself out the window. I see an old lady with her dog on the sidewalk, Chase busted through and dragged me back in. We wrestled on the floor, the pain from my side came back. "Get off! Don't touch me!" I screamed and kicked him where the sun don't shine. I ran downstairs and he tackled me with a rag in my mouth. I shake my head but he then grabs my neck. His grip got harder to the point that I had no choice but to breathe in the rag.

Again, everything goes black.

~ Chase ~