Discovery

Win couldn't breathe, water rushing around him while someone shouted. He saw a tumble of colors through bubbles as everything pitched around him.

Woken from the dream, Win sat upright. His nightmares were always the same minus the short while Team joined him. The bed jerked, pulling Win's focus to the one sleeping beside him. Team lay tangled in the sheets, scared whimpers coming from him as he thrashed.

"Team!" Win shook him with no effect. He rubbed Team's arms, attempting to soothe him with touch when he wouldn't wake. Team curled towards him, calm increasing the closer he came. As Win smoothed and straightened the surrounding blankets, Team dozed again as if nothing happened.

Win lay hugging him, wondering what the hell that was. He had never experienced another person's dream before. Ari had never mentioned if she saw his, and she had witnessed plenty. Sleepiness returning, Win decided it was a future-him problem.

Team woke, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. For not going to bed until nearly dawn, he felt refreshed. Though as his phone pointed out, it was well after noon... Win lay sprawled beside him, like a starfish. Team chuckled at how different this version of Win was. Innocent and mute without teasing, nothing indicated the devilry he had shown himself capable of. A shiver went through him as he remembered just how devious Win could be. Team resisted the urge to disturb his peace.

He surveyed the room, having a moment to appreciate it. Team's focus had been only on the one slumbering beside him the previous night. The room was ordinary for a person near his age, yet he noticed a few refined touches. Framed art versus band posters for one. Team walked around, careful to not make too much noise. He lingered on a picture of Win smiling between two dark-haired boys. For a moment, Team thought he had heard Win wrong. He had definitely said "sister" the night before. Was the person hollering from the hallway in the photo? The heavy frame clinked against the bookshelf as he set it down. Team continued to look at what Win chose to surround himself with. His eyes settled on Win's desk, a framed black and white inkblot art piece hanging above it. Team touched a small key on a black leather keychain, the logo unknown to him.

The markers and pens on the desk sparked an idea. Win slept soundly, but he wondered if it would wake him. The marker twirled around Team's fingers as he decided. He knelt down at the side of the bed where Win's hand dangled over the edge. Team uncapped the marker and gently wrote his LINE id on Win's palm.

Win waited for the latch to click before opening his eyes again. Staying perfectly still while Team wrote on his hand was an unexpected challenge. How much he wanted to pounce on him and roll him back under the blankets. He had woken to Team placing the photo of him and his brothers down on the bookshelf. Rather than startle him, Win had watched him wander around the room. He touched the scribble on his palm, a contented smile spreading on his face. 

Team sighed

Team sighed.

And then sighed again. Chin propped on his hand, boredom consumed him.

Bee shot him a reproachful look, having spotted Dean's stare on him. Bee kicked Team in the shin before returning his attention back to their coach. A mild smile fixed on his face. If his friend didn't shape up, Dean would give him another earful.