Attached

Team blew a puff of air from his lip, his bangs lifting slightly. He laid on his stomach, wearing one of Win's shirts again. He was also a bit miffed at Win. The vampire fussed around his room, patting pockets and looking around himself. Win was "getting ready," or rather, preparing to leave so he could hunt. Never mind what had just transpired between them on the bed Team now laid on. Or during the shower make out session that followed. 

"Do you really have to go?" Team asked, and not for the first time.

Win's shoulders slumped, Team stalling his progress again. He sat beside Team, voice calm. "I do."

"But there's plenty of blood downstairs."

Win sighed. If he had to suffer another blood pack, his fangs would shrivel and fall out.

"It's not the same. I don't know how else to explain it. I need this."

Team pouted as he hugged Win's pillow tighter under his chest.

"Stay here and drink from me, then." 

If only...

"Team. As I told you, I can't. Your body hasn't recovered yet. I don't want to hurt you." Win smoothed Team's hair above his scrunched face. Forever determined to be petulant...

"No kissing. No touching. No enjoying." Team huffed.

"I can agree to one of those things and you know it."

Team harrumphed again.

"I promise I won't kiss anyone. My lips are yours. But even when I compel someone, I still have to touch them to feed. And, well, the third is just you being difficult." Win smiled as Team squinted up at him from being called out.

"And you'll come right back?"

"Yes. I'll hunt and then be back by your side to keep your nightmares away."

"Fine," Team grumbled.

"Thank you for granting me permission." Win teased before ruffling Team's hair and leaving the bed.

"Wait, does that mean you would have stayed if I didn't agree??" Team looked hopeful.

"Nope." Win laughed at the sullen face Team made, the pout returning.

"Trust me, you'd understand if we could swap places for a day or two."

Team considered if he should ask Win what he wanted to. Or if it would dredge up painful memories.

"Hia. Are you happy?"

"With you?" Win looked confused for a beat as he faced Team. "Of course I am."

Though Win's misunderstanding of his question made him very happy himself, Win had missed Team's true meaning.

"No, I meant as a vampire."

Win took a deep breath. "That's... complicated." He thought about it, staring at the wall for a few seconds before shaking his head. "Don't you have morning classes?"

"Afternoon. And you're deflecting."

"That's because... I don't know how to answer you." Win admitted.

Team had expected as much. He had noticed the struggle in him, now that he knew to look for it. By the river. While Win explained to him about vampires. The sad cast his eyes took on when he got lost in his thoughts.

"Why are you worrying about this? Come on, go to sleep." Win ushered him under the blankets, Team grumbling the entire way. "You're only delaying when I'll get back."