՜՞՜28՜՞՜

I took the biggest strawberry, the one that looked the most delicious to me and scooted closer to him. Sharing food was something I typically disliked, yet there I was, choosing the best looking one to feed him.

As I brought the strawberry closer to George's mouth, he glanced at it, his lips slightly pressing together defensively. He then pulled his head back, giving me a grossed-out expression.

"C'mon.." I narrowed my eyes at him, lowering my hand slightly until he brought his face closer.

"Ugh, okay." He gave in.

Despite my anticipation for him to take a proper bite of the strawberry, he hesitantly nibbled a piece of chocolate from the side and called it enough. I rotated the strawberry to expose a side with more chocolate on it, chuckling as he happily nibbled on that side as well.

"You're such a child," I laughed, seeing him clean the strawberry completely from the chocolate and not touching the fruit itself.

He left the best part of it to me.

Without a moment of hesitation, I popped the same strawberry into my mouth and savored it. It wasn't until I noticed the surprise in his slightly raised eyebrows and the smile on his lips that I realized the unintended seduction of my action.

I thought I told him that I'm not squeamish earlier?

Anyway.

"Now try it properly," I swallowed, picking up another one and trying to bring it closer to his mouth.

But his eyes were still fixed on my face. His stare almost made me look away, but I found the courage to play it cool.

"Mind if I try something different?"

George's question was followed by his gentle grip on my hand, guiding it back to the table. His touch caused me to unconsciously drop the strawberry onto the plate, the free space between my fingers now being occupied by his longer ones.

"Like what?" I asked in a hushed tone, holding my breath as his hand reached up to brush my hair away from my face.

He leaned in slowly, giving me time to react. However, my attention was drawn elsewhere.

His phone started buzzing.

And how funny. Somebody named "Tina Kitten" was calling.

Kitten. It literally said kitten.

Maybe I was overreacting about the rose emoji and the pink heart cause I didn't expect it to somehow get worse than that.

And I couldn't help but smile sardonically at how stupid everything was.

This was just ridiculous.

I shifted in my seat his gaze moving away from my face as he sighed. I can't believe he's the one sighing.

And this time he actually picked up the call after seeing who was calling.

I mean, he couldn't just ignore his kitten's call, could he?

"Hey, hello," he quickly lowered the incall volume, making me almost draw blood from the inside of my cheek, "I can't join, sorry. Yeah, a bit tired," I heard him talking and started eating a strawberry as if that would distract me, "yeah, Nick will join. Alright. Talk to you later."

Oh, so they're gonna talk later? It's something long term, huh?

I should've thoroughly investigated his entire life before agreeing to these silly little "dates" with him. He's definitely a player. I should've been more suspicious when he used to receive a thousand notifications within an hour.