03| Kill the Devil

"You would think that with me being the underboss and everything for the Russian mafia I would have certain rights, but guess what I can't even come into my brother's office without being summoned" As I step into my office, Carson's irritated voic...

"You would think that with me being the underboss and everything for the Russian mafia I would have certain rights, but guess what I can't even come into my brother's office without being summoned" As I step into my office, Carson's irritated voice greets me, sarcastically his eyes glued to the screen of his phone watching Netflix.

Ignoring his sarcasm, I ask about the delayed shipment of 10mm ammunition. He has no time to keep whining about things that cannot be changed.

"It was delayed at the US-Canadian border but that was taken care of and it should arrive tomorrow at 7 am." arson responds, finally focusing on business. "Klaudia Reign reached out. Her protege, Malik or something, is handling it. His secretary called to arrange a meeting." He rolls his eyes obviously annoyed by the current situation.

I grit, giving him a stare, "We wouldn't be in this situation if you could keep your dick in your pants and didn't fuck the daughter of Valerio Cordova." Carson made the decision to fuck the Mexican mafia princess two weeks ago. Valerio was the exact reason the Russian and Mexican mafia couldn't sit in the same room. Valerio was a sly motherfucker. He hired a hitman to kill his daughter, after learning that Carson slept with her in order to frame Carson.

"Look bro it wasn't my fault she was giving me the 'fuck me' eyes" the motherfucker just shrugged sitting there looking bored.

If I got a dollar every time Carson would fuck something up I would be the owner of every business on the face of this earth.

"Tell this Malik to attend the Masquerade Ball. My schedule is packed this week," I direct, my focus shifting to organizing assassination files, each detailing a target and reward.

Carson smirks at me, "Oh, and before I forget, your meeting with Anton is tonight at 10 pm." a ghostly smile decorates my lips. Today was going to be the last day for Anton Petrov. Before he stole my cargo of Venom, he was a little drug dealer in Moscow. Venom was a unique medicine that, if used in excess of one pill, might be fatal. The motherfucker took it and denied it every time he got questioned about his success as a large distributor now. The problem with men like that is that they think that their invincible and need to be taught a lesson.

The fucker has been off the grid for 5 years now and just recently surfaced. I had to use every last bit of patience I had to refrain from confronting him and killing him for betraying me when I heard. This has to be done correctly; there could be no mistakes. I asked him to meet me at Noir and told him I had an offer for him. The imbecile agreed so quickly it was almost funny.

______________________

"Pakhan," my men nod as I enter Noir, the pulsating music and scent of alcohol enveloping me.

Advancing toward the VIP section, anticipation courses through me. Abruptly, I collide with a force, ready to react violently until I gaze down. A girl, almost defiantly, meets my gaze with fury in her eyes.

"Are you blind?" I growl, my step towards her menacing. Her stoic response puzzles me; she's unafraid, but why? Does she not recognize me? Observing her, I'm captivated by her beauty—long chocolate brown hair cascading down her back, siren-like eyes, and perfect features.

As she surveys her surroundings, I find myself entranced. Her attire and her fragrance—a blend of sandalwood and vanilla—exude allure. She brushes past me, disappearing into the dance crowd.

"Love at first sight, Brother?" Carson's whisper startles me, my elbow instinctively reacting, colliding with his nose.

"Fuck Fuck Fuck I think u broke my nose I don't feel it" Carson groan behind me clutching his nose for dear life. I roll my eyes at him, he was such a fucking child. Ignoring his antics, I enter the VIP section, her image lingering. Who is she, and why wasn't she scared?

"Pakhan, what would you like to drink?" the waiter murmur softly, his voice trembling with anxiety; at last, someone who knew who I was.

"Scotch," I mutter, scanning the area, but Anton is nowhere to be found. If that motherfucker doesn't come up, I'll go looking for him and boil him to death. When one of my men ran to me, gasping for air, I had just settled into an empty booth.

"Pakhan The night watchman found Anton Petrov dead in the alley next to the club," he quips quietly as he looks below. Anger flows like drugs through my body. He was my hit, god knows how the fuck he died. I snatch the scotch from the waiter and fling it across the room.

"FUCK. FIND ME THE PERSON WHO KILLED HIM NOW." The entire club was resonating with my voice.

"Pakhan, a black rose was found in his hand," my man adds, gaze lowered.

It his me then. Void. Void is back. One of the most skilled killers in the underground was called Void. Little is known about her, and both her identity and appearance are well-kept secrets simply because she is a woman. Void mercilessly killed a lot of people. Void worked by herself, she never wanted any ties to any mafia She vanished from the face of the earth around 11 years ago; there were no killings or hits; she simply vanished. The news that she was returning last year spread, but there was no real evidence. However, this was concrete. She killed Anton Petrov to make sure the entire underworld knew she was back. To the world, she was just Void, but to me, she was the woman I hated the most. She was the reason one of my closest friends died.

I said, my jaw clenching, "Find her and bring her to me." I wouldn't allow her to get away with it again. She stole from me, and I'd gladly repay the favor with her life.

______________________

A/N 

Word Count: 1068

HELLO LOVESSSSSSSSSSS

Ooooooo a chapter from the man himself. You know what's funny, I'm more of a reader than a writer, and writing this book was more of a spur-of-the-moment decision so for me to write three chapters in a couple of hours surprises the fuck out of me. 

Well, what did you think of the chapter?

Why do you think Hayat killed Anton?

Ah well, you'll find out later.

Bye bye beautiful people