08| Primed for Sin

"Where is he?" As I enter the warehouse, I ask Vaughn

Vaughn replies from behind me, "He's in the basement, they found him a few blocks from Court."

"Good, send Pierce and Milo to the hospital," Vaughn nods, sending them a brief text informing them of their duty for the day.

I was angry as I'd never been angry before. I intended to inflict so much suffering on the asshole that he would regret the day he was born.

The basement door opens, and we proceed to his cell at the end of the hall. Just as the doors of the cell open I see the face of the man who shot Hayat, all chained up ready for me to put him through eternal pain.

"Vaughn, send someone to bring a suit for me and check if the shipments were found" I ordered taking my suit jacket off and handing it to him. The sound of the door clicking catches the man's attention.

"You realize what you did today; you hurt the wrong woman. You harmed an innocent woman, and you know what happens when you harm an innocent person in my life?" I say as I roll up my sleeves and unbutton the first few buttons of my shirt.

"They die." The guy responds, his gaze finally meeting my harsh glare.

"No, no, too easy, I started by skinning them, then when they healed just enough, I slowly burn them, and when that bores me, I boil them alive." I say this as I take up a 4-inch blade and drag it over the guy's face, drawing blood and making him wince.

"You can do whatever you want to me, but I won't tell you anything." He sighs and closes his eyes. He's in pain. Good.

"Well, that's no fun, so let's make a deal: you tell me why Valerio wants her dead, and I'll kill you faster," I laugh as I make deeper slashes around his boat to draw blood before stabbing him in the ribs.

"I will never make a deal with you," he sneers, disgustedly staring at me. Maybe I can burn out his eyes.

I pierce his stomach with the knife, shredding the flesh. His screams pierce through my ears. He shouts like a child, for God's sake. I continue removing his skin, a bit at a time until his voice stops me before I reach his back.

"Look, wait a minute, I'll tell you" He moans in pain. His eyes are welling up with tears. Weak bitch.

"Speak up fast before I change my mind." I snarl. My patience was wearing out, and if he didn't start speaking quickly, he'd be gone.

"I didn't come only to kill her. I had orders to shoot you first and then her but as soon as I pulled the trigger she moved in front of you. There was too much chaos after that for me to have a clean shot at you, so I left," he croaks out as his breathing stops and he loses consciousness.

I glance down at my hand and notice that I'm covered in blood, including my face. As I exit the cell, I see Vaughn resting against the wall outside my office. Vaughn was a stray, without a home or family. One late night my dad was coming from a meeting and got ambushed by street gangsters and Vaughn helped him. My father brought him home and reared him like his own child. Vaughn is as loyal as they come.

"Your suit is in your office. I've called the doctor from the cell guy, and I've checked in with Pierce and Milo and they confirmed that everything is fine at the hospital." Vaughn says pushing himself off the wall and handing me my suit jacket from earlier. I enter my office after giving him a solid nod.

_____________________

"You're alive," I say as I enter Hayat's room, finding her with her mouth open and a burger the size of her face in front of her. This female had been shot in the chest, underwent major surgery, was attached to several machinery, and was eating a burger. How did she get a burger at all?

I take a seat next to her and grab her fries.

"You'll have to try harder to kill me, Koslov," she replies before biting into the burger and moaning. Fuck. I was hard and she was making hiding it harder. I remove my jacket and place it on my lap.

"How'd you even get a burger?" I inquire, cocking my head.

"I bribed your brother," she says, laughing. Ah of course she did.

"Where'd everyone go?" I ask, stealing more fries and drinking her milkshake.

"Downstairs is a gift shop, and they had these life-size Squishmallows, so Essence went to 'buy me one,' but she'll probably just take it back for herself." She says, seeing the confused look on my face she adds, "Essence is the one who came with Klaudia, she's the detective."

"Ah she's a spitfire, she punched my brother within the first five minutes of arriving here," I laugh remembering Carson's face after she punched him.

"Yeah that's her, She's one of a kind but she's my best friend," She says while taking another mouthful of her food and glancing at me. "Where were you?" she asks raising an eyebrow.

"Finding the man who did this to you," I say, eating more fries.

"Did you find him?" She asks, setting her sandwich down.

"Yeah, he won't be a problem," I tell her the truth while sitting back in my chair. Looking into her I see no fear, instead, I see something else I can't put a finger on.

"You want a bite?" She inquires, her gaze fixed on me.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Of my burger, I'm full and you look hungry," she says as she hands me her burger.

I take a mouthful of the burger while giving her a tiny grin. I see why she likes this greasy thing so much, it was delicious.

"So, what's up next?" She asks, her hands clasped.

"You get better and then you win the case" I replied.

________________________

A/N

Word Count: 1024

Heyyyyy  guysssss

Long day today, I finally got my laptop back today after a whole week and half. 

Well let me know your thought on the chapter!

What do you think is going on between Carson and Essence?