15| Bullet in the Heart

"When is she going to be hereeee?" Carson grunts next to me

"When is she going to be hereeee?" Carson grunts next to me. I fist my hands around my drink to try to stop me from punching the fucker beside me.

Every second I didn't see her, I became more angry. I admit I told her about the party last minute but it was because I had no other choice. I received a call yesterday from the Don of the Romanian Mafia, telling me that they wanted to finalize the alliance arrangement tonight and that I had to make my decision right away.

Obviously marriage was off the table due to the trial coming up so I had no choice but to make the engagement now.

I request another drink from the barman who made her fucking laugh at the masquerade party. I tried to fire him because he wasn't doing his job properly but Carson didn't let me. Said something along the lines of 'ThAt IsN'T gOoD EnOuGh'.

"Holy fucking fuck" Carson breathes next me, causing me to look at him because he was staring towards the party hall's entrance. I lose my breath as I follow his line of sight. I couldn't fucking breath.

She stood there looking like a fucking angel

She stood there looking like a fucking angel. I just stared at her for a moment. Her flawless form was encased in a flowing white gown. The high cut reveals her flawlessly tanned skin. Her make-up was minimal to non-existent. Her lengthy chocolate brown hair was straightened reaching her lower back.

Until it eventually dawns on me. If I'm looking at her like this, then every other fucker in the room is as well. I take a large stride towards her and bring her to my chest, kissing her exactly where her jaw meets her ear. Her musky vanilla aroma is driving me insane, as it usually does.

"Be careful, Malyshka, everyone will be watching from now on," I say gently in her ear.

A throat clearing causes me to step back from the girl and glance at the intruder. It was a young lady, around 5'6" tall, with long blonde hair. She looked like a lost puppy in a room full of criminals.

"Ada, enjoy yourself tonight." Hayat gives her a soothing smile as she rubs her back. Hayat stares up at me as the tiny girl walks away, admiring my all-black Tom Ford outfit.

"Tom Ford? A man after my own heart," she quips, laughing softly while gripping her chest. Looking at her smile made my heart race, and it made me want to murder everyone she smiled at, beginning with that bartender.