04| Sign of Death

In the mafia pain was a constant

In the mafia pain was a constant. You experienced it constantly throughout your lives, but all you could do was numb it. There would come a time when you would have been so used to being numb to the pain that you wouldn't even be able to acknowledge it. The pain I was feeling right was a pain that couldn't be numbed.

"Your so fucking dramatic" Angelo quipped, rolling his eyes and screaming over the dreadful music assaulting our ears.

"I'm never asking you for a favour again" I murmured to myself as I stroked my temple, anticipating the coming headache.

The following ten minutes were spent by Angelo and I walking around the perimeter and discussing the strategy. The French Mafia owned Noir, and if we weren't careful, it would kill both of us. You can see the Mafia's hatred when crimes are committed in their public territories because when this happens, the justice department will often launch a thorough investigation into the firm, forcing it to stop all illegal operations until the investigation is finished.

Our attention fell upon Anton, who was being leeched on by for bimbos. Angelo leaned in, a sly smile playing on his lips as he whispered, "He's into brunettes, you know."

"Fine" Rolling my eyes, I groan loudly. Rising from my barstool, a sudden pang shot through my foot. What baffles me is that shoe companies charge thousands of dollars for shoes that make you miserable ten minutes after you put them on. I silently curse at Prada for creating these and myself for wearing them before moving toward Anton.

He's already gazing at me with lust-filled eyes from around 10 meters away. If you're into the goblin kind, then you wouldn't think he was ugly. I approach him and give him the innocent doe eyes. I inhale deeply before bending down and placing my lip next to his right ear. I then urge him to meet me outside. I bite my lip for added effect and wink at him, doing my best to appear seductive and not like I'm having a seizure.

I receive a text message from Angelo claiming that Anton was following just as I go outside. A ghost smile decorated my lip.

Just as I step outside, Anton says, "It's always the innocent one." I shook from the cold air hitting me. I turn to face him and give him the most endearing smile I can muster.

"Tell Satan, Void sends her regards," I say, and just before he can react the shot of my gun rings through the air.

"Direct hit between the eyes by a bullet." Angelo chuckles, then turns to face the gun in my palm and says, "Execution style, I like it."

"Where do we hide the body?" Angelo asks while rubbing his head and scanning the area.

"No, we're not hiding this body, I'm ready to come back," I mumble as I recover from the adrenaline rush that just flooded my body. I take out the black rose from my pocket and put it right between Anton's lips.

"Are you prepared to return, specifically? Really, do you wish to return to the underworld? Asks Angelo, who appears perplexed. He's probably thinking why the hell would I want to come back after I got a chance to get out? Hell if I know.

I give a firm nod, not really in the mood to describe how I was feeling to him. Anton was by no means innocent. The fucker stole shipments and sold those drugs and when that didn't cut it he started kidnapping kids off the streets and selling them for scientific experiments.

You should go get cleaned up while I get the camera footage deleted. Before re-entering the club, Angelo announced after casting one last glance. I pause for a while before entering the restroom. Before returning to the bar area, I wash my hands to remove the blood and make myself presentable.

I stumble into a stone wall just as I'mwalking by the VIP area. I turn to face the stone wall when I should have encountered a man with the most breathtaking eyes I have ever seen. And then it his me like a truck going 200km/h, this beautiful man is Ares Koslov.

I step back, and he takes a step toward me, growling, "Are you blind?" He really is as attractive as everyone says he is. I give him a bored stoic look, my face betraying nothing. I turn to look around and notice that his men are staring at me with interest and Carson looking at me with confusion.

I didn't have time for this. Ignoring the question Ares asked me I walked away from him feeling his piercing gaze.

I leave the club and make my way to my Porsche 718 Spyder. I get into the driver's seat after unlocking the vehicle and let my head rest on the steering wheel in front of me recalling the events of tonight.

"What's next" Angel grins as he sits in the car and claps his hands as if rainbows were flowing out of his ass.

"Burgers" I give him the 'Are you stupid duh' look before putting the car into reverse.

____________________

As soon as I enter my office, Vera enters behind me saying, "You have a meeting with Elise Ballard at 10 am tomorrow, followed by a conference call with Barry Walsh at 12 pm. Oh, and before I forget, Carson Koslov called to invite you to the masquerade party they're hosting tonight; he said he'd meet you there." She grins wiggling her eyebrows.

"Send Ada to the meeting with Elise and tell her not to screw things up, and what? Carson Koslov wants to meet me at parties when he's on trial for murder." I ask confused. Some people are just so fucking weird.

"I know I did, too, but I wasn't going to ask about it because what if he went all pew pew on me over the phone?" She sighs loudly and morphs her hands into fake guns. I scoff and wonder why I hired her.

I slam my head on the table and ask, "What time and What the hell am I supposed to wear?" It was too early for this. I had only slept for three hours. After we killed Anton, Angelo and I bought burgers and decided to watch the Jeffery Dahmer documentary at 2 a.m.

"Well, he told me that the party starts at 7 pm, but I don't understand why your asking, you're going to be late anywa-" I give her a stern look, daring her to complete her sentence. "You won't need to go dress shopping, I had a dress delivered to your penthouse," she added. Before leaving, she sticks her tongue at me. 

____________________

A/N

Word Count 1356

Hello Lovessssss

I so tired 

Good night