07| Shot of Silence

Enzo takes one last look at both me and Ares and fixes his suit before leaving

Enzo takes one last look at both me and Ares and fixes his suit before leaving. Ares turns around and looks at me, and I just look at him like, 'What the fuck'.

"What about no sudden movements was not clear?" I ask, leaning against the table.

"I protected you, you should thank me." He says he's fixing his cuff. I'm not going to lie, that was hot.

"I don't need your protection, Koslov, get that in your fucking head. As for you," I continue as I turn around and gaze at Carson, who is staring at me and Ares with dreamy eyes while resting his chin on his palms. "Because there will be an army of reporters outside, let me do the talking. Don't say anything." I emphasize the last sentence. One wrong move and it could cost us this entire case.

As expected, as soon as we stepped outside, both brothers on either side of me, with their men close behind, the army of reporters attacked us with their cameras.

"Miss Malik, why are you taking this case?"

"Miss Malik, are you in a relationship with Carson?"

"Are you sleeping with both of them, Miss Malik?"

What the fuck is going on?

"I am taking this case for the sole purpose of proving to the world that my client is innocent, thats i-" Before I can say anything else, I hear a piercing scream as my chest explodes in pain. Before I can register anything else, darkness overtakes me.

 Before I can register anything else, darkness overtakes me

Failure. A feeling that was unknown to me. I had only ever experienced it twice in my life—when my mother departed and when Carson became engaged in this case. I never imagined experiencing this sensation again, but as soon as Hayat collapsed into my arms, her chest began to bleed it was the only feeling that filled my heart.

While waiting for Hayat to come out from surgery, we were seated in the hospital's waiting area. Someone fired a gun at her—a snipe, to be precise—as she spoke to the media. Everything that happened after that was a blur. The ambulance arrived, taking her here, everything.

After they had taken her in for two hours, there had been no word or update on her condition.

One thing was clear. I was going to kill Valerio. Nobody would target Hayat and get away with it. She was innocent. However, I wasn't. I will give him a fate far worse than death. I will bring him to his knees and make him beg for forgiveness. I didn't know what was making me so angry. Hayat was no one to me but she held my future in her hands so I would do anything to keep her safe.

"WHERE IS SHE?" Klaudia yells frantically out of breath. Another girl stood next to her.

"WHERE IS SHE?" Klaudia yells frantically out of breath. Next to her was another girl.

"She is in surgery," Carson answers hugging her as she blinks away her tears.

Klaudia Reign was one of the strongest women I know of. She and my father were good friends, and I've known her since I was a young child. She was more like a mother to Carson and me than our own biological mother was. She was so difficult to break down but seeing her in this state made anger coarse through my body.

"You, your that guy from the hotel" The girl beside Klaudiasays shocked as she points at Carson looking at him wide-eyed

"YOU YOUR THAT DETECTIVE" Carson yells pointing back at her.

She shoots at him getting a clean left hook. Carson holds his bleeding nose while glaring at her. Vaughn draws his gun and points it at the girl's head.

"Okay, I deserved that." As he signals for Vaughn to put his gun down, Carson adds.

"What the heck is going on here?" Klaudia seems bewildered as she asks.

"She's the detective who is working on my case." As he wipes the blood off his nose, Carson says.

The sound of a door opening grabs all of our attention. The doctor enters the room with an expressionless face, sparking everyone's fear.

"She is stable. She is an extremely lucky woman since the bullet that entered her chest narrowly missed her heart. Although she lost a lot of blood during the procedure, she is recovering nicely. We have transferred her to Room 4388, you can all see her but not for too long, she needs her rest." Just as the doctor was about to conclude, I let out the air I was holding.

She's fine. That's all I need to hear just as I leave the hospital to find the fucker who shot her. 

_____________________

A/N

Word Count: 835

Heyyyyy Loveeeeees,

Two chapters in a row, wow.

Well, I'm tired, not tired enough to sleep but tired enough to watch a movie. 

Who shot Hayat, Valerio, or another enemy?