11| Tick Tock

"If your brother doesn't show up here within the next five minutes, I will literally kill him

"If your brother doesn't show up here within the next five minutes, I will literally kill him." Hayat groaned and leaned back in her chair. She wanted to meet up to discuss some case facts, and the idiot is 25 minutes late. I can't blame her.

We were at my home office at the time. Only the family is let in here, but I trust her enough to come.

"I'll hide the body," I say nonchalantly. This put a smile on her face, but she just rolled her eyes.

Carson's tardiness irritated me, but it gave me more time to talk to her about something important.

"How do you ask a Turkish girl for her hand in marriage?" I question, spreading my legs and sipping my drink.

"What?" she asks, surprised, as if she hadn't expected me to ask.

"In order for me to close a huge alliance deal, I need to be married or at least engaged, so I found a girl and I just need to ask her." I attempt to understand her reaction. She has a bewildered expression on her face as she stares at me.

"Does she know what you're up to?" She asks, still baffled and slightly off.

"No but there is something in it for her so I'm pretty sure she would agree." I say with a slight smirk. If she knew who I was talking about she would truly kill me.

The alliance deal was going to close in a week and I had to figure out how to convince the women in front of me to get married in the next three days. This wasn't going to be like those marriages of convenience; in fact, exactly opposite. There was no such thing as divorce for a mafia man once he married.

"Well, you're supposed to bring flowers, chocolates, and sweets to her family and then ask for her hand in marriage; you're also supposed to bring your family, but have your father talk to her parents." Breaking me out of my daze, she says. I give her a small nod, taking a mental note of what she said.

You must be thinking why her? There was no such thing as innocent in the mafia. A mafia man's wife would have to be as powerful. I needed someone who was able to step up to me when needed and nobody has ever done that but her.

"Look at you, lovebirds, lost in thought." Carson's irritating loud voice pierces my ear as he throws the door open and marches in like he owns the place.

"So nice of you to show up" Hayat states sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"All right, so what did you want to talk about?" He says this after flashing Hayat a phoney grin while sitting next to her in the chair, too close to my liking.

I narrow my eyes at him and motion him to move over away from her. He merely rolls his eyes and moves to the left.

______________________

"What." My dad says lost.

"I found a wife for myself, We have to go to her house and you have to ask her mother for her hand in marriage." Continue eating my meal, I say. Why are they so surprised when they know I have to do this?