Chapter 18 - What happens now?

A/N

This chapter will take off straight from the last one. 👍

Who is excited that Harry is back?
And Who is scared?
Who is annoyed?

Tw
Very slight action of physical abuse.

🐺

'Picture a moment of sheer disbelief as this individual, thought to be gone forever, suddenly resurfaces in someone's life. Their unexpected return brings a wave of negative emotions, leaving many people feeling overwhelmed, hurt, and filled with regret. Imagine your world has been turned upside down, and now you must navigate through the turmoil caused by this unwelcome presence, leaving people grappling with the consequences of this unexpected reunion.'

🐺

Louis basked in the idyllic summer day, lost in the giggles of his darling daughter as she frolicked amidst the garden's natural clearing, chasing after a butterfly. The gentle breeze infused with the sweet scent of flourishing flora enlivened their senses, masking the ominous clouds gathering on the horizon.

Bree laughed hysterically as she failed in capturing the tiny insect, playfully tumbling into her father's lap, sending them both into a fit of laughter. The awestruck man was captivated by none other than his child's joy, completely engrossed in his daughter's happiness, unaware of the storm brewing off in the distance.

Harry stood at the edge of the yard, his gaze fixed on Louis and the little girl. He watched from afar, his heart heavy as he witnessed the scene playing before him. His heart pounded in his chest as a mixture of shock, longing, and pain coursed through his veins.

The sight of his beloved friend with a child shattered his heart, bringing forth all the memories and emotions that threatened to consume him. He isn't paying too much attention to the child, but he does realise it's a child he hasn't seen before. He wondered if Louis had found the happiness he had always desired, and if he had moved on and found solace with another alpha. The torment was unbearable, triggering thoughts of his past mistakes and the love he had now lost.

" Fucking Hell Harry, where have you been?"

As soon as Zayn's gravelly voice pierced through the silence, Harry jolted in shock, turning to face him nervously. He chose not to respond, instead offering a tight embrace to his long lost friend, overjoyed to be in his company once more. However, his elation was short-lived as his eyes shifted towards the direction of his alpha's beckoning, painfully aware of the urgency to flee at his command. His alpha was just wanting to run until the omega it had craved for was back in his arms.

Harry's heart raced as he caught sight of the boy he had yearned for, uncertainty dripping in his voice as he spoke.

"Is that...?"

He paused in his tracks, taking in the young man before him, the very one who had been the source of his strength during all the trying times he had endured in the past two years. The clammy tone of Harry's voice gave away his emotions as he marvelled at how this single person could still manage to affect him so deeply after all this time.

Here is where the wires get completely crossed.

Misunderstandings are the byproduct of miscommunication, making it imperative to choose our words wisely when talking to our peers.

Zayn stares over at Louis, a smile proudly spread across his face.

" Yeah, it is. She is so beautiful, Harry, and Louis, he has been such a great mama to her."

Tears welled up in Harry's eyes, threatening to spill over. He clenched his fists, his knuckles turning white, as he fought against the surge of emotions flowing through him. The sight was both beautiful and agonizing, a bittersweet reminder of what the two of them had lost.