Chapter 13- The Secret

A/N

Sorry ! 💔
....
....
....

Please take note of small time jumps. Also, small smut scene.

A very BIG thank you to suselat and TraceyA2304 for all your help.♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Here is a 10k word chapter. Enjoy!

🐺

'There is nothing more devastating in life than having to watch the person you love walk away after they have 'left' you. To watch as the distance between your two bodies expand until there is nothing left but empty space and silence, is crucifying. Knowing when to walk away, is known as having wisdom. Being able to do so on the other hand, is courage. Walking away with grace and your head held high, is called dignity.... Louis is in for the shock of his life.'

🐺

Harry wakes up to the morning light filtering through the curtains, feeling a sense of pure bliss as he realizes that he is waking up next to Louis. Of course, he has woken up many times before next to him, but this morning, it's entirely different. It feels too good to be true, and he's scared to open his eyes fully, in case last night was just a dream. As he looks around the room, he notices how the light is gently illuminating the space, making everything look soft and serene.

The room is still somewhat dim as the dark of night turns into the dawning of the day, but Harry can see the outlines of the furniture and the details of the curtains. He feels a sense of comfort and satisfaction knowing that he's not alone. Harry is hyper aware of Louis' legs as they are currently wrapped around him, he can feel his warmth pressed right along the side of his body. As he looks at Louis' sleeping face, he feels the familiar rush of love and affection for him as he gently pushes a small portion of his hair from his eyes.

He's overwhelmed with emotions, and he knows that he's lucky to have Louis still in his life. Currently, he is ninety percent sure he's living in a fairy-tale, and he's grateful for every moment that he gets to spend with him. He feels a sense of peace and joy, knowing that he's finally with the person he's meant to be with. There came a time after the change where he doubted everything. His own selfish choices born from his leader status but made from a love he could no longer deny caused him to break the heart of the person he loves the most. Harry was sure back then that life was doomed, but now, as he takes in the details of the room, he feels like everything is flawless, and he accepts wholeheartedly that he's never been happier.

" Hey babe, are you hungry?"

Louis doesn't answer or move at first and Harry knows it's because he is pretending to sleep. He doesn't want Harry to stop the little kisses that he is placing on the back of his neck.

" Lou?"

Louis tilts his head backwards resting closely near Harry's. Louis had stipulated to him that he wanted to take it slow, but Harry doesn't know yet what the boundaries are. All he wants to do right now is kiss him. Kiss him good morning for the very first time. He licks his lips as he swallows hard and Jesus Christ, he can't believe how nerve wrecking this is. He presses his lips together not wanting to make a mistake.

Louis is fully aware of the Alphas struggle; he too is struggling with the same thoughts. Louis is totally worried that he has stinky morning breath that will be a turn off to the Alpha, it's really the only thing holding him back right now. After a moment of indecision, he goes 'fuck it' and offers up a shy smile to Harry who flicks his eyes down to his lips once more. Louis takes a deep breath bracing himself as he knows he has to say something. Harry is being too cautious, and Louis is impatient.