CHAPTER 49

Juliet's POV

I storm inside the bedroom which is now being shared by me and Ivan. He is standing against the large window talking to someone on the phone. Our eyes meet and he hangs up the phone. No words are spoken between us and we take steps in the direction of the other. Our bodies stand flush against one another, breathing one another.

"I-" my words are cut off when he crashes his lips on mine. It doesn't even take me a second to reply to his lips.

"Tell me" he whispers against my lips.

I don't say a single word because these are only a few moments I have before I finally open myself up to anyone in such a long time. My stomach is going up in knots with anxiety. The last time I fully trusted someone I ended up becoming a totally different person and with Ivan, I might end up destroying myself. But his eyes...they are compelling me to trust him blindly.

'I think it's time to let him in now' my father's words ring inside my head.

"I loved someone once" I whisper so silently that I wonder if he heard it, but the way his entire body freezes and his grip tightens only tells me that he did hear it. There is no way but ahead to go now Juliet. "A very long time back, when I was barely an adult. I loved him with all my heart" I just look down at his hard chest and not into those eyes because I am afraid of what I might find there...maybe pity? No, I don't want that not from Ivan.

"I thought it was meant to be...but...he broke my heart in the worst way possible" I tell him closing my eyes shut, there is no pain when I remember my past but only anger. "he left me shattered and that is how I left my home to go to America and traded one pain for another...I became the Donna...I became Pandora" I finally finish.

Never in so many years, I have felt fear in my heart...my legs are wobbling a little and I clutch onto his shirt so tight that my nails tear the material but I just keep looking at his chest. I don't bother telling him Gabriel's name because this is all about me and Ivan...this moment will decide whether he breaks me or takes me and I don't want to taint with Gabriel's name. He is the first person after Calix and Annalisa whom I have completely let in. I have given up all my power to Ivan...told him my worst secret and now the ball is in his court. For so long I have forgotten what it's like to be the one who is anticipating. Maybe if I look up, I will find nothing in them...or maybe I will find the worst thing...pity. What if he is thinking tha-

"Who?" his words cut off my thoughts. His voice is not something I have ever heard before. It almost makes me fall on my knees if not for his grip on me. I finally look up and gasp when I see the storm raging in them. His eyes have gone darker, his face devoid of any emotion but there is nothing but complete rage in his aura. His eyes are focused on me and I

watch as they burn with anger.

"Tell me who did that to you" He slowly traces my cheek with the back of his hand, "tell me so I can put his head in your feet", his hand then grips my neck tightly enough to let me breathe and pulls me flush against his body.

I gulp after seeing this crazed look on his face that makes me believe that Ivan can kill people just by the look on his face but not me because there is a flutter inside my stomach. He is no longer the man who is always up for infuriating me or the man who is always between my legs. No, this is the face of a man who is ready to end the world.

"Tell me sweetheart...or do I have to make you" his grip is now tightening further only relaxing ever so often so that I barely breathe and making my nails dig into his chest this time. He is not fazed one bit while I on the other hand am a complete wreck. I am afraid of him, but not in the sense that he will harm me rather in a sense that is dampening my panties.