Epilogue

In the Past

Rauru made good on his word erecting statues of both Link and Zelda with inscriptions telling of their struggles and success. Rauru tried but he never got over Sonia's death and spent much of his spare time wondering aimlessly through the castle. Mineru continued to study the Hearty Stam flower discovering it could even heal damage sustained by gloom. It would become standard treatment to use these flowers for any and all wounds. Zan and Lue continued to train with each other perfecting their form. When Lue was of age he joined the guard were he quickly surpassed most becoming the youngest captain of the guard, a feat that would impress Link if he knew. Zan spent the next few years learning diplomacy from his father who taught him to not make the same mistakes he had. One day Zan hit it off with a young healer who worked in the infirmary and after a while they eventually married. The four sages would have their secret stones sealed away for the future sages.

In the Future

Link and Zelda got to work immediately after returning, first by learning what had transpired in their absence. Traveling to every corner of Hyrule they pushed back the monster forces wherever they found them. Riju, Sidon, Yunobo, and Tulin were surprise to see and hear what had happened to Link and Zelda but were desperate for their help. Making quick work of whatever was threatening their friends Link and Zelda were greeted by the spirits of the sages from the past who were relieved to see that they had indeed made it back to their time. The sages from the past asked their decedents to fulfill the oath they swore all those years ago, to which they did. After thing settled down Zelda got back to work on repairing Hyrule though much more damage had been done in their absence. During this time Link reestablished the royal guard and trained them just as he had trained Zan and Lue. Eventually Zelda gave birth to twins, a daughter who she named Sonia, and son she named Rauru, in honor of the ones that took both Zelda and Link in as family. After Hyrule was healed, by the will of the people, Zelda took her place as queen with Link by her side as king.